What is the different between them? 2 different MG-Head DT?
Apr 22, 2002 at 6:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Uncledan

Headphoneus Supremus
What is the different between 2 model of MG-Head DT? Look like the top one is newer model. It is very important to me, since I just bought a MG-Head DT a week ago from www.divertech.com local dealer in Canada. However, they sell me the one that without OTL output (without OTL output model). If you check www.divertech.com last week, you will find out they show the old picture (without OTL output model). Now, they have the model with OTL. So here are my questions:
1) Are they the same?
2) What is the different between them? If they make big different, I may ask for exchange, since I just bought it a week ago.
3) What is the different between 2 headphone outputs in without OTL model? since I hear no different in my MG-Head DT.
4) What is preamplifier? is it work the same as amplifier? do we need to buy it after we buy a headphone amplifier?

Would you guys help me the slove the questions? Since I still too new to headphone stuff.

Thx all.

mgheaddt01.jpg

MG.jpg

Apr 22, 2002 at 7:37 AM Post #3 of 6
Not much difference ! It only add a OTL mode only. Everthing is same , same parts ... Only remove a 3.5mm Jack and add a 6.5mm Jack. Impedance switch become a Feed back switch.

Apr 22, 2002 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 6
Uncledan,

You do hear quite a marked difference between the OTL mode and the non-OTL mode...

If you ordered the DT version and it's already there don't fret you can modify it to OTL but be very careful with the mod because there are dangerous plate voltages inside. If you don't know what you're doing, you can probably ask Divergent or someone else to do the modification for you...

Apr 22, 2002 at 8:19 PM Post #6 of 6
I did send off an e-mail to Divergent about that but never got a response. I've been trying to find out how to mod it to OTL mode. I saw the brief post that Lau put up, but I'm kinda confused on how to do it exactly. Can you point me towards a more detailed set of instructions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back