What is the best way to storage your headphone
Sep 25, 2017 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Joao Paulo Martins

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, have some questions about what is the best way to storage my headphones that I use frequently.
I use to headphone "in the same espace" and change some times in the day, I have an HD598 to game and a HE560 for music and movies, but I am noticing that the 598 and 560 was geting dirty by the dust and getting

scratched, the 560 stays in the omega support in use but i'm considering to but on the

drawer, any suggestions ?

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 9
If you you live in a place that has enough dust to effect the headphones then I would worry more about what your breathing into your body. There are covers or put them back in the box. As for scratches put them back in the box and never use them again and they won't get scratched putting in a drawer is likely to do more harm than good unless it is lined with something. I guess what I'm saying is your worrying too much about it as my headphones are just a tool to get music to my ears and I don't stomp on them or throw them across the room but everyday usage will have some scratches and if you can figure out not to have dust in the house I'm all ears for that one. Tongue firmly planted in cheek on some of it ; )

Sep 25, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #4 of 9
If you have your headphones on a stand and they are getting scratched, then it's not an issue with storage it's an issue with how you handle them. Drawer is a bad idea, and dust shouldn't damage them at all. I'd buy some compressed air and spray them off now and then to get rid of dust

Sep 26, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 9
If you have your headphones on a stand and they are getting scratched, then it's not an issue with storage it's an issue with how you handle them. Drawer is a bad idea, and dust shouldn't damage them at all. I'd buy some compressed air and spray them off now and then to get rid of dust

+1 this is what I do

Sep 28, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 9
Hello, have some questions about what is the best way to storage my headphones that I use frequently.
I use to headphone "in the same espace" and change some times in the day, I have an HD598 to game and a HE560 for music and movies, but I am noticing that the 598 and 560 was geting dirty by the dust and getting

scratched, the 560 stays in the omega support in use but i'm considering to but on the

drawer, any suggestions ?

As find boxes unpractical because I have a lot of headphones (many more than all those in my signature) and I like switching and comparing them ,
I have found that for me the following is the best.

My main headphone place is in my study at my desk. On the wall I have many bookshelves.
On the bookshelves I have fixed in rows many of the following headphone holders:

https://www.amazon.com/Stands-16090...629522&sr=8-1&keywords=headphone+holder+16090

Each hp holder can hold two headphones (and also in ear , but I use another system for in-ear).
So my headphones are arranged in rows above my desk, I can immediately locate and grab each one,
and just need to unplug one and plug another one...

Then to protect from dust and also dampen noise reverberation when using my speakers,
I put piece of noise isolating fabric, from various sizes, above the rows of my headphones,
I order them at amazon Europe and can't find the corresponding link at amazon.com

So I find my system is cheap, simple, and very practical and efficient.

For headphone accessories I use MINI T-Loc boxes (can be attached to each other) from Festool / Tanos
For in-ears and in-ear accessories I use MICRO T-Loc boxes (can be attached to each other) from Festool / Tanos (which I sometimes in turn put in mini T-Loc boxes...

Oct 3, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #8 of 9
for my "good pair" of cans, they are always "garage kept" or, I keep them in a handled case. When I am done with them I just set them in the case on my desk and close the lid. no need to lock it...

Other then that, just draping a bandana or something over your headphones hanging on a banana hook will suffice.

If you want to go the EXTRA mile (which I don't see the need to do), put them in a ziplock bag and zip it up to the cord! This is not an uncommon thing to do with people who own Elctrostats where getting dust in the driver can affect sound quality and can be expensive to repair. food for thought.

I feel like @buke9 is shaking his head reading all this, but hey, dude wanted to know! haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back