What is the best headphone to listen to Pink Floyd?
Oct 13, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #16 of 78
That's a tough call ~ A good Grado like a 225/325 or RS1 will give you decent depth of sound-stage but
miss out the crucial height and width of soundstage needed for full Floyd enjoyment.

The guitar solos will be second to none though. 'High Hopes' - goood grief it's great on the Grados.

After auditioning my 325i and K601 back to back with the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab release
of 'Dark Side of the Moon' ~ my vote goes to the 325i, it's just more of an emotional listen.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #17 of 78
Grado SR325is makes pinkfloyd sing.

Oct 13, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #19 of 78
Oct 13, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #20 of 78
You should invest in a brain if you think that Pink Floyd is indie rock. Also some more music.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:22 AM Post #21 of 78
I'm just clueless after those last two posts..

AKG 420??@ 
confused_face_2.gif

Pink Floyd is indie rock?! 
blink.gif

While we're on topic, does anyone also have the 
somewhat rare EP - titled 'Sampler'

Best rendition of 'Money' ever, I know that might
be sacrilege to say it would be better than my
golden vinyl 24/96 rips but this little six track
release is gold.

Oct 13, 2011 at 9:52 AM Post #23 of 78
Oct 13, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #24 of 78

Quote:
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry sorry. It was intended to bring a smile to our faces.
Didn't mean to troll.

Being a fifteen year old stoner who thinks every weed/420 joke is just hilarious and trolling are two different things.

Oct 13, 2011 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 78

Quote:
Being a fifteen year old stoner who thinks every weed/420 joke is just hilarious and trolling are two different things.

ban him for a weed joke , i think your the troll.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #26 of 78
The Denon D2000 is a good fun headphone for Floyd and other progressive rock and indie rock as well.  They do a soundscape that works well for Floyd.  However, they do have a recessed midrange that isn't ideal for Gilmour's guitar.  You may find yourself wanting JMoney ear pads later on to help address that.  And the Denons are going to be at the high end of your budget.

If considering Grados it might work to pair them with an amp that has an optional bass boost.  The stock Grado bass doesn't do what is really necessary for the Floyd bass.  I don't have an amp that has bass boost so I use a software "virtual subwoofer" DSP when I need more bass with the Grados.  Works well with the Floyd on the Grados.  A Grado along with bowl pads (rather than the comfie pads) and an amp that has bass boost might do the trick.  The bowl pads give the Grados a bit more soundstage which is helpful with the Floyd.

Personally, I prefer the Denon sound to the Grado sound for Floyd.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #27 of 78

Quote:
ban him for a weed joke , i think your the troll.

Strange, because he seems to be from Oregon... One would think that he might be a little more 'accepting' of these things.

To the OP, how about listing some other music that you like, because I still find recommending a headphone based on one band patently ridiculous.

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #28 of 78

Quote:
Strange, because he seems to be from Oregon... One would think that he might be a little more 'accepting' of these things.

To the OP, how about listing some other music that you like, because I still find recommending a headphone based on one band patently ridiculous.

lmao couldn't agree more :p  still laughing lol

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:36 PM Post #29 of 78

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:38 PM Post #30 of 78
i think pink floyd was indie rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back