What is similar to...Westone 4?
Jul 16, 2013 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

K-MONEY

Banned for flipping
I'm in the market for some new portable IEM's and I was wondering what comes very close in terms of sound quality to the Westone 4s?

I recently got the westone 4, but for some reason I feel guilty about paying so much for them...I always wonder if there is something that's cheaper that is similar to what I purchased...

I have tried the IE80 and don't really like the sound signature...so don't mention these if you were going to!

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Jul 16, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #2 of 15
Quote:
I'm in the market for some new portable IEM's and I was wondering what comes very close in terms of sound quality to the Westone 4s?

I recently got the westone 4, but for some reason I feel guilty about paying so much for them...I always wonder if there is something that's cheaper that is similar to what I purchased...

I have tried the IE80 and don't really like the sound signature...so don't mention these if you were going to!

Anyway, thanks for the help!

Aren't the IE80s more expensive than the W4s? 

The W4s are $318 on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Westone-WST-WESTONE4-W4/dp/B004M4RTUY/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374002346&sr=1-1&keywords=westone+4

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
I got the 4R for $408 with tax.

I like them a lot, but I don't feel as if their price point really justifies everything about them.

what is your source? ipod? what dac are you using ect ect.

the w4r have a ton of potential that imo surpass justification for the price. however it depends on the sources, quality of music lossless/320kbps dac/ect ect

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
Just iphone and PC. Creative zxr.

What is your opinion?

The W4R has a very warm even sound, so Sennheiser will be your best bet.

Jul 16, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:
IT sounds like I should keep the Westone 4...

Yep, and trust me, you paid a fair price, and it is expensive for a very good reason.  Any other IEMs that sounds similar to the W4R will only be more expensive.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:
Yep, and trust me, you paid a fair price, and it is expensive for a very good reason.  Any other IEMs that sounds similar to the W4R will only be more expensive.

the sound signature of the w4r can greatly change with amplifiers,DACS,cables AND interconnects. for instance my w4r with my setup sounds nothing like they did out of the box. it just goes to show they have ALOT of potential. esp when you pair then with the right source equipment.

i also agree. they are expensive for a reason and its definitly going to cost you more than you paid for the w4r to gain a sound from a universal that is near the w4r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back