What is "Rock" IEM?
Mar 6, 2006 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Miracle

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to upgrade my IEM. Previously I'm own ep630 and it bass responses is great but lacking in details and sound quiet congests. I mainly listen to rock music. Now I'm looking into UE super.fi 5 pro. But some thread said that Shure also be a good choice. Please help me to decide between these two.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
lol rock? yup, for sure u must go w/ the super.fi 5 pros.

Why?

I find this vaguely analogous to recommending a HD650 over a SA5000 for rock music. The bottom line is there is no Grado of IEM.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #4 of 13
yes, no Grado, but super.fi 5 pros are known for thier deep yet tight bass, and guitars sound godly, as well as the drums. For sure a good combination if you listen to rock.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:38 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
yes, no Grado, but super.fi 5 pros are known for thier deep yet tight bass, and guitars sound godly, as well as the drums. For sure a good combination if you listen to rock.

Hmm. I don't know if I would quite agree with your characterization of the UE super.fi 5 Pro.

They certainly have plenty of bass and a nice thick sound to them. Their fundamental lack of speed and opacity prevent them from giving guitars the edge/energy that I would hope from any rock can. I guess I don't understand how rock can sound good when the IEM aren't capable of presenting any definition to the sound.

All I know is that when I wanted to listen to rock, I reached for the E4c over the super.fi every time. Once in a while I'd reach for the Sensaphonics or Grado SR-225 over the E4c.

Still, preferences differ, and I can certainly understand how some people would prefer the thicker, warmer sound of the super.fi. But I think this has little to do with genre and has everything to do with personal preferences.

So to the original poster, I ask the same question I always ask for super.fi versus E4c comparisons - do you prefer a nice thick, warm, bassy sound, or a clear, crisp fast sound?

Best,

-Jason

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:40 AM Post #6 of 13
Umm, I miss somethings. I'm quiet a basshead and ep630 produce "fun" bass that i want. I also want to hear a high detail (sure, not too congest like ep630). Maybe, just like HD595
tongue.gif
. Any others IEM suggestion also welcome.

Hope you would not confuse with me.

Thank again.

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:43 AM Post #7 of 13
Ah, I believe the Creative are rebranded MD33's? Based on that and your self-description as a basshead, the answer's easy. Get the super.fi, the Shure E4c are on the other end of the sonic spectrum.

Best,

-Jason

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:27 AM Post #9 of 13
I'm sitting here listening to A Perfect Circle on my CX300's and they sound pretty damn good. Maybe not in the same league as the Super.fi 5 but for the money they are outstanding. And they have great bass.
basshead.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Miracle
Jasper994

I just read your IEM review and it make me more hard dicision to choose btw super.fi 5 pro or shure e4c. Maybe I would waiting for shure E500
confused.gif

If you can afford the E500, then wait. Otherwise, wait for the E500 to come out, then buy the discounted E5c! The E5c is bound to drop in price, so they'll be a bargain! If you're desperate to get one now, then I don't think you can possibly be disappointed by either the Super.Fi 5Pro or the E4c. Just get either and be happy! They're both really good IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back