What is D.A.D.S?
Nov 5, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 17
It's a name for the ported space inside the new Audio Technicas, which 'enhances low end response' and makes you go all wibbly wobbly (well not really). The porting that they employ in the ART phones, the previous generation and the current included is part of the secret that gives the open-like sound from a closed phone.

Nov 5, 2002 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 17
No, its just that they changed it a bit and gave it a new name. They claim that an 'air spring' inside the phones contribute to the stronger low frequency response. The Japanese mantra: never use simple words when a complicated acronym will suffice
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
No, its just that they changed it a bit and gave it a new name. They claim that an 'air spring' inside the phones contribute to the stronger low frequency response. The Japanese mantra: never use simple words when a complicated acronym will suffice
biggrin.gif

tongue.gif
funny guys you are
haha..

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by ablaze
Hung Bros don't have. thinking of ordering from www.audiocubes.com now..sigh..
too bad no japanese friends
frown.gif

Ay BRO! When did you come here? Firefox here....

Cyrus intro'ed you to Audio Technicas right? hahaha....

Hung Bros HAS the ATH-100!!! I just saw it a few days back... Was chatting with Douglas Hung about the various headphones and he pointed out the ATH-100 when I asked about it...

Nov 6, 2002 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally posted by Dreamslacker
Ay BRO! When did you come here? Firefox here....

Cyrus intro'ed you to Audio Technicas right? hahaha....

Hung Bros HAS the ATH-100!!! I just saw it a few days back... Was chatting with Douglas Hung about the various headphones and he pointed out the ATH-100 when I asked about it...

no. i kinda found this place and ATs all by myself?
biggrin.gif

AT100Ti? the blue ones in my avatar??? you sure or not!! I called today they say only got W100??
confused.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:01 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

no. i kinda found this place and ATs all by myself?
biggrin.gif

AT100Ti? the blue ones in my avatar??? you sure or not!! I called today they say only got W100??
confused.gif

Oh??

Maybe I saw the wrong one.... I did see the brown finished ones... Nice, nice headphones.. Hahaha....

I'm intending on the Senn. HD600's in December.. Haha.... If you let cyrus know, he's gonna make you buy the Audio Technicas...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Have you tried Adelphi anyway? Waiting for my TI package before I dump the OPA637's into my head amp for some goodness!
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:04 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Oh??

Maybe I saw the wrong one.... I did see the brown finished ones... Nice, nice headphones.. Hahaha....

I'm intending on the Senn. HD600's in December.. Haha.... If you let cyrus know, he's gonna make you buy the Audio Technicas...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Have you tried Adelphi anyway? Waiting for my TI package before I dump the OPA637's into my head amp for some goodness!
smily_headphones1.gif

sigh. you gave me hope .. then you took it all away
mad.gif

cyrus got the AT W100s?
eek.gif

i didn't understand one word of that last line except "adelphi"
tongue.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:16 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

sigh. you gave me hope .. then you took it all away
mad.gif

cyrus got the AT W100s?
eek.gif

i didn't understand one word of that last line except "adelphi"
tongue.gif

No, Cyrus got some other AT model but he is the Audio Technica advocate, I'm the Senn. + Beyer advocate... Haha....

Waiting for my package to arrive from Texas Instrument... Getting chips from them to upgrade my headphone amplifier..
very_evil_smiley.gif

BTW, I hope you have a headphone amplifier.... Do you?

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:18 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

No, Cyrus got some other AT model but he is the Audio Technica advocate, I'm the Senn. + Beyer advocate... Haha....

Waiting for my package to arrive from Texas Instrument... Getting chips from them to upgrade my headphone amplifier..
very_evil_smiley.gif

BTW, I hope you have a headphone amplifier.... Do you?

mm..actually I don't. at least not yet. to be honest, i know **** about amps, like i know **** about pelts, both of which you seem to be reasonably adept at
tongue.gif

can you make me an amp?
wink.gif

Nov 6, 2002 at 3:22 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

mm..actually I don't. at least not yet. to be honest, i know **** about amps, like i know **** about pelts, both of which you seem to be reasonably adept at
tongue.gif

can you make me an amp?
wink.gif

General Cambridge Exam, Advanced Level written papers start next Monday for me.. HEehehe... I'll try and make you a one (but I'm afraid it won't live up to your phones) after my A levels..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back