1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What is an Audiophile ?

Next

Last
  1. gavinbirss
    My father, which is from the analog school climbed into the car with his audio file.

I asked him whether that is what an "audiophile" is : ie a person who carries a file about audio. [​IMG]

Here is what he said : ( His version of an audiophile)

" It is a dirty old man that seduces young girls with music "
    [​IMG]

Does anybody else want to comment.

2. Braver
    ....no comment..

3. chych
    Was he serious?

4. huy_ha Contributor
    You've a very literate father...I think.

After all, got you thinking, didn't he?

5. morphsci Contributor
    Hey! I don't consider myself OLD! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Neruda
    Hm. I, uh...hm. It seems to me that...uh...uh...hmm.

No comment. [​IMG]

7. Cousin Eddie
    "Audiophile" definitely has some negative connotations. It kind of has a sickening feel to it. I wouldn't go around telling people that you're an audiophile. People might think you're a sissy. You never ever hear anyone in the real world use the word "audiophile". If anyone came up to me in person and said they were an audiophile, that would be all the signal I'd need to steer clear of that person. I would think "Hey, this guy ain't quite right", and I'd just slowly back away.

If you think about it, a lot of things that we talk about on here would get you in trouble in the real world. All the time, we have people doing all kinds of weird things to their headphones. We have people opening the ear pieces, tinkering with the drivers, replacing the drivers, changing the cords, painting things different colors, etc. This is not normal behavior. But here, instead of being chastised and cast out, this behavior is sometimes even encouraged! Someone will say "Check it out! I just modded my ear pieces with tin foil!" and even post pictures of this, to which some else will respond "That is awesome! What brand of tin foil did you use? I've heard that people have gotten good results with Reynolds!"

8. KR... Contributor
    Quote:

"Check it out! I just modded my ear pieces with tin foil!" and even post pictures of this, to which some else will respond "That is awesome! What brand of tin foil did you use? I've heard that people have gotten good results with Reynolds!"

Wasn't that Todd?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. legoman
    let T denote time
    let S denote state of mind

if S="I NEED to upgrade" for all possible T, then you are an audiophile.

10. coolvij
    AHAHAHAHAHA........wait........

"I have no comment......regarding the accuracy of the opening statement in this thread.........that is all."

11. chych
    I audiophilly agree with the audiophilly audiophile statement said by audiophile legoman [​IMG]

12. kerykeion
    Quote:

What is an Audiophile?

I don't recall where I saw this, but...

An audiophile is one who listens to the equipment, not the music.

13. Spareribs
    It’s actually simple. An audiophile is a person who cares about reproduced sound quality.

You don’t have to be an expert. You can even be wrong with misinformation or know nothing. And you don’t even have to spend a lot of money.

The IEMs I’m using now cost $35. I think it sounds great and therefore I’m a proud audiophile.

14. wuwhere Contributor
    q2fgr.jpg

15. wuwhere Contributor
    they are dangerous...

2lo3kongfm641.jpg

Next

Last