What is a Solid Tube, and other questions
Mar 19, 2006 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

raduray

100+ Head-Fier
I've read reference to Solid Tube in the Xin amps, but I can't find out what that means. Anyone know?

I tried doing a search on "Solid Tube" with quotes around the string, but most of the many returns did not match the string. The had "Solid" and "Tube" in the posts, but not "Solid Tube"
confused.gif

Finally, is there a site that lists and discusses the attributes of the various op-amps used in amplifiers?

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 4

Demolition

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by raduray
I've read reference to Solid Tube in the Xin amps, but I can't find out what that means. Anyone know?

Xin's Solid Tube is an opamp that has a distortion level similar to a vacuum tube. The end result is that you get a more tube-like sound from your amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raduray
Finally, is there a site that lists and discusses the attributes of the various op-amps used in amplifiers?

See this article at Tangent's site.

Mar 20, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 4

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
The Solid Tube is also known as the AD8656. I just put mine into my supermini yesterday. I can't say there's a massive difference, but then I'm not as discerning an audiophile as some here. The stock op amp in the supermini is meant to be "tubey" as well.

For info about op amps, do some searches in this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread