What if you could only have one headphone....or two. What would you choose?
Dec 15, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #272 of 316
Sorry but if the question is only one headphone then the answer is still, as always: Sennheiser HD25

If you can only have one headphone then it has to be designed and built to last. With every part replaceable and easily available. The Beyer DT150 is another but the Sennheiser is more versatile.

If two headphones then HD25 plus one other. In my case; HD600.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #273 of 316
My HD 800S with its WyWires Platinum balanced cable

Dec 16, 2018 at 6:03 PM Post #274 of 316
My JH Roxanne

2? Roxanne and Denon D7000

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #275 of 316
Z1R full-size, if only one......then
Noble Encore IEM

Dec 16, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #276 of 316
It took a long time to get here, but it looks like the HE-1000 V2 would take the cake.

Dec 16, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #280 of 316
What’s more easily repairable, the T1 or the GS2000e? I’m thinking it would be easier to replace drivers on the beyers and they have detachable cables.
I've only owned one Grado headphone in the past (the SR325e) and I wouldn't of thought parts for that headphone are easily sourced/replaceable. I agree with you about the Beyerdynamic. The first thing that comes to mind for me, when I think Beyerdynamic, aside from sound quality, is the build quality and practicality of their headphones. And the fact that the parts are easily replaceable and inexpensive. I've read stories of some people who've had the same Beyerdynamic headphone for 20 years or more, only needing to replace the headband once in that time, and the drivers still working perfectly.
A funny thing I do, if I really like a particular headphone model, i'll buy 2 or 3 of that same model, so that years down the line when the one I use all the time starts to deteriorate aesthetically or the drivers fail, I have a new one to replace it with. I'm thinking of buying a second Sony MDR 7510 to keep for the future as I bought one a couple of days ago and so far i'm really impressed by their sound, comfort and build quality. There's a great balance of all three. I can see me using them as my main headphone for many years to come.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #282 of 316
<50 $ budget

Grado iGe is a hidden gem.

I brought it with me in a travel and I had a lot of fun with them direct from my IPhone 6s.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #283 of 316
Surprised there hasnt been many votes for the utopia.
If I only get one headphone for my listening pleasure it is damn sure gonna be as good a headphone as I can possibly get and for that the Focal Utopia Is really the only way to go though I am sure there can be arguments made for some electrostats ima stick wit the Utopias as for my taste they do just about everything perfect.

If 2 are allowed then Utopias stay at one and Id probably add the Campfire Audio Andromeda or Campfire Audio Equinox if those take off just so I can have one for when others are around and dont wanna hear my music via my Utopias A.K.A. speakers to everyone else around you haha.

Dec 18, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #284 of 316
Of what I've owned,

Home: I'll take my Nighthawks any day (though I have Focal Elear coming so I can't say that solidily yet. Easy to drive, I love the odd sound signature.
Mobile: My RHA T10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back