What IEM's should i buy?!
Nov 21, 2017 at 7:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Kamuy_9

New Head-Fier
My budget is 150 but I am willing to spend more if needed. With so many IEM's on the market now I am at a loss. The last pair of iem's I owned were the UE Triple.Fi 10, so ideally something comparable to those. I'm torn between the following:
1more tripe and quad
DUNU titan's
Kinera H3
Maoski(spelling?) K3
But am open to advice
Thanks in advance!
-Kam

Nov 21, 2017 at 8:10 PM Post #2 of 10
Have not heard any of those other than the 1Mores. I own the Triples and have heard the Quads. I like headphones better myself but do have a few iems. I have the KZ ATE ,ZST,Havi B3 Pro 1 and Echobox Finder X1’s and cheaper Mee’s and Sennheisers and Trinity Audio Vyrus V2 almost forgot about. Of those it would be the Quads or the X1’s for me. The X1’s are a bit brighter but as detailed as the Quads. There is more bass with the Quads but the X1’s are more detailed and close on punch. Just my opinion and YMMV.

Nov 21, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Have not heard any of those other than the 1Mores. I own the Triples and have heard the Quads. I like headphones better myself but do have a few iems. I have the KZ ATE ,ZST,Havi B3 Pro 1 and Echobox Finder X1’s and cheaper Mee’s and Sennheisers and Trinity Audio Vyrus V2 almost forgot about. Of those it would be the Quads or the X1’s for me. The X1’s are a bit brighter but as detailed as the Quads. There is more bass with the Quads but the X1’s are more detailed and close on punch. Just my opinion and YMMV.
IS the quad worth 100$ more though. I listen to lots of instrumental and a little hiphop music. The triple.fi was just unbelievable with instrumental music.

LZ-A4 :) lots of flexibility with Tuning Filters
Do those tuning filters really work?

Nov 22, 2017 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 10
IS the quad worth 100$ more though. I listen to lots of instrumental and a little hiphop music. The triple.fi was just unbelievable with instrumental music.

Do those tuning filters really work?
Is it worth $100 more that is not for me to say. Do I think the Quads are overpriced at $199 ? No I don’t think so at all. I can’t say about LZ-A4’s but I have two iem’s that use tuning nozzles and they do work very well they don’t make them a different earphone but can warm them up a bit or brighten them up and add a bit of bass or make them a bit more neutral depends on the earphones.

Nov 23, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #7 of 10
I have the Triple Drivers by 1More and really like them. They do Top-Forty really well, Rock and Soundtracks well. They also scale up with better equipment to a great level for their price. I actually was going to get the Quad-Drivers too but went over budget on other stuff so they became put on the back burner.

Jan 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 10
Ok.. so for an update i recieved the kz zs6. Was fairly impressed considering prior i had the klipsch r8i. I also ordered a pair of the one more triples but was not impressed at all. Probably because i recieves the zs6 prior. Accompanied by some equalizer the zs6 blew the 1more out of the water. I returned the 1more and got thw fiio f9 pro and i must say im not to impressed by it either. It may be me but the pros have a fairly large treble spike. The pros where 140 and the zs6 where 30. I hate to say it but i think i may be partial to the zs6

Jan 3, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 10
That’s great you found IEMs you like. I have not heard the zs6. Would you say it was the detail in the treble that helped you prefer them over the 1 More Triple Drives? Or was the bass more detailed with the KZ zs6?

I use the Triple Drivers all the time, even choosing them at times over IEMs which cost 5X to 17X their cost. I just like the warm bass and how they fit. I also like how they do EDM, after months and months with them.

Jan 4, 2018 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Honestly i would say both. With the zs6 and fiio f9 there is just so much more to work with in the bass and treble dept. Accompanied by a equalizer or amp of sort tho bc regularly they both are extremely bright. The fiio f9s treble is a lot clearer than the zs6, but i still cant get over the value of the zs6. The cord is junk but the monitors are extremely impressive for the price. Theu are only 30-40 usd so id they are a must own for any collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back