What headphones would suit me?
May 4, 2013 at 8:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Maximal

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this, but anyways..

Sooo, I'm new to all of this, I have never owned any good or "expensive" headphones, more than some cheaper in-ear from local stores. But since I don't know anything I have always thought they have had good sound, since I heard the beats by dr dre over-ear phones from a friend. That's when I got interested in getting a good pair over-ear.
Now I know that beats aren't that good, overpriced etc but since ive only owned in-ears for 25$ they are good compared to that!

I recently got a pair of audio-technica ATH-m50, as my first, and they have a good sound, but ive found out I'm a basshead! And there's not really any good bass in the M50s. It's there, but there's no power in it or what you call it. Even when listening to dubstep.
So I am going to send them back and buy something else but don't know what!
My budget is about 200$, but I would rather get some for less than that.
I want bass, good powerful bass, But i also what to hear alot of details in the music, like with ATH-M50.
I've gotten some tips like: Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro, M-audio studiophile Q40, Sony XB500.
I also want them better than beats, since my friends have them and think they're the best there is...
Any ideas?

May 4, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #2 of 6
Hello!

For basshead under $200, the UE6000 have no doubt some of the best headphone for it! However, you need good patient at the beginning, give it some burn-in, it gets better and better and BETTER XD !! On the other hand, you get decent Active- NC! Overall, a very nice clear clean V-Shape sounding headphone!

Not sure about the Sony XB series but I have tried I think XB-300 and the bass is big but it sound rather loss and very low quality. + the mids are really really bad :/

Haha anyway, I hope this help!
Billson :D

May 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hello!

For basshead under $200, the UE6000 have no doubt some of the best headphone for it! However, you need good patient at the beginning, give it some burn-in, it gets better and better and BETTER XD !! On the other hand, you get decent Active- NC! Overall, a very nice clear clean V-Shape sounding headphone!

Not sure about the Sony XB series but I have tried I think XB-300 and the bass is big but it sound rather loss and very low quality. + the mids are really really bad :/

Haha anyway, I hope this help!
Billson
biggrin.gif

Thanks for your reply! The UE6000 seems like a good headphone, Looks good as well! But It goes above my budget, on ebay the shipping will make it like 50 bucks more to sweden... And it goes above 200 in the cheapest shop here.

Do you have any other suggestion?

To clear it out, I want headphones  with powerful bass. The m50 sound is kinda neutral, nothing special and boring. I wanna get like goose bumps when the drop comes, buth also when listning to rock and you hear the guitarr etc. Lol i suck at describing but i hope you understand.

May 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Hello!

Ahh don't worry. I get what you mean :D so basically, you wanted something with 1) big bass 2) yet remaining the good quality mids and highs. In short, big bass without scarifying anything! Hmm...are you willing to get used headphones? If you don't mind, then there will be a lottttt of choices available like Sennheiser Momentum, UE6000, and the list goes on~

If not, under $200, you can get V-Moda M80, COP(custom one pro). Can't comment much about it as my experience with those headphones are not at all enough to give a good impression. XD

HEY HEY HEY! Now I recall, I tried the Kplisch Image One a few months ago, to my memory, it's a very good portable basshead headphone with a v-shape sound but it does lack in a bit of details and soundstage but still a better sub than ATH-M50 in your case. Next, you can take a look at the V-Moda Crossfade LP, the bass are highly detailed!

[Just put on my thinking cap, and everything pops out XD ]

May 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Hello!

Ahh don't worry. I get what you mean :D so basically, you wanted something with 1) big bass 2) yet remaining the good quality mids and highs. In short, big bass without scarifying anything! Hmm...are you willing to get used headphones? If you don't mind, then there will be a lottttt of choices available like Sennheiser Momentum, UE6000, and the list goes on~

If not, under $200, you can get V-Moda M80, COP(custom one pro). Can't comment much about it as my experience with those headphones are not at all enough to give a good impression. XD

HEY HEY HEY! Now I recall, I tried the Kplisch Image One a few months ago, to my memory, it's a very good portable basshead headphone with a v-shape sound but it does lack in a bit of details and soundstage but still a better sub than ATH-M50 in your case. Next, you can take a look at the V-Moda Crossfade LP, the bass are highly detailed!

[Just put on my thinking cap, and everything pops out XD ]

Thanks again! I will take a look at your suggestions! I can get the image one here for a very good price, think its like under 100$, it's a good price but I heard/read that it has too much bass, but it might not be true.. And isn't it on-ear?? I have kinda big ears so on-ear phones will make my ears uncomfortable..lol.
The V-moda also seems like a good headphone! I will look more into it.

I have no problem buying used, as long as they are still in good condition!

May 6, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Hello!

If you are willing to get used stuff, that's simple enough. You have choice of AKG K167, Sennheiser Momentum.

If you still wanted new stuff under $200, you can go for DigiZoid ZO2.3 amp and a pair of HD439! If the DigiZoid ZO2.3 amp still not enough to give you the BASSSS, then I am so sorry for not being able to help XD it have the craziest bass I have ever came across!

If you do not like on-ear, the M-80 is not for you either :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back