1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What headphones should I get?

1. Thenewbie76
    Im still kind of an audiophile newbie having only purchase an AKG 7XX, fidelio X2 and Shiit fulla 2 (AMP/DAC) to go with the headphones.But I am ready to go and buy new headphones with a bigger budget and wanna see what more the "audiophile" world has to offer. Thing is i am not sure what headphones to get. I like my X2 because they sound fun I guess and pair well with the modern music I listen to. But its soundstage is so small compared to the AKG 7XX which I like because its able to separate the sounds I guess and they are so good to game with. I also tried looking up "sound signatures" and the meaning of them. I think im looking for a V shaped headphones or a warm headphones. I tried looking at the Fostex THX00 but I heard they had a very small sound stage.If there is no warm or V shaped headphones with an average soundstage then I would not mind going for it but what other headphones should i look at other then the fostex thx00? Also my budget of right now is less then 1500 USD and I am thinking that the more expensive headphones are gonna need more then a shiit fulla 2 to power them up so a recommendation for an AMP/DAC would be nice

Also I listen to mostly modern music like hiphop, some edm from different genres like house or trap,rock and a few old songs from before the year 2000 like the ones they played in guardians of the galaxy.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  2. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Massdrop/Sennheiser HD58X

3. Me x3
    You should consider the Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 (2nd Generation) as a much more refined headphone retaining and improving on your current headphone's capabilities.
    Expect a tighter, faster and slightly less prominent bass, that's much more clear and precise.

4. ander427
    sennheiser HD6XX should be good for your choice though.