What headphones should I buy...help!
Dec 31, 2006 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pnonso

New Head-Fier
What's up guys. So I want to replace my stock ipod headphones.

I want them to be comfortable, sound isolating and under $100. I was originally thinking Shure e2c, but I don't think I like their bulkiness and the behind-the-ear design, so now I'm thinking ETYMOTIC ER6i ER-6i Isolators instead... what do you guys think?

Thanks a lot!

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:33 AM Post #2 of 10
What music do you listen to? ER6i may be too light on bass for some types of music.

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 10
Dec 31, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #6 of 10
Vibes don't really isolate much.

Dec 31, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #7 of 10
Rather than make a new thread, thought I'd post here. I'm interested in closed headphones...

Refining the issue a little:

- I have massive stickyout ears
wink.gif
My headphones atm are Sennheiser HD215's which comfortably contain my flaps.

- I'm looking for Circumaural headphones. Massiveness doesn't bother me so much, I walk everywhere with my 215's on.

- Must be closed... busy noisy streets etc.

- For a Portable system, but I have a pocket amp now, so driving them won't be an issue.

- Mostly listen to Metal, rock, Progressive, trance, dnb, stoner rock and anything psychedelic you can think of.
biggrin.gif

- Price wise, I really don't want to spend over 200$ US, but if I have to save... I have to save.

Headphones I've already been considering include

Sennheiser HD280s
Audio Technica (various including a700 a900)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 pros... if the 990's were closed *sigh*

Thanks for your time.

Dec 31, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spacecadet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rather than make a new thread, thought I'd post here. I'm interested in closed headphones...

Refining the issue a little:

- I have massive stickyout ears
wink.gif
My headphones atm are Sennheiser HD215's which comfortably contain my flaps.

- I'm looking for Circumaural headphones. Massiveness doesn't bother me so much, I walk everywhere with my 215's on.

- Must be closed... busy noisy streets etc.

- For a Portable system, but I have a pocket amp now, so driving them won't be an issue.

- Mostly listen to Metal, rock, Progressive, trance, dnb, stoner rock and anything psychedelic you can think of.
biggrin.gif

- Price wise, I really don't want to spend over 200$ US, but if I have to save... I have to save.

Headphones I've already been considering include

Sennheiser HD280s
Audio Technica (various including a700 a900)
Beyerdynamic DT 770 pros... if the 990's were closed *sigh*

Thanks for your time.

To me A900 is the best of those, completely outclasses HD280, also doesn't have the recessed mids of DT770 and has tighter (also less) bass.

Dec 31, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #10 of 10
Nah, they're in the same performance class. Just different strokes for different folks. Some people find the Etys too light in the bass, so I'm suggesting the UEs if you think you'll want alittle more bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back