What headphones fit my needs (somewhat of a newb)
Nov 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Joey Campesinos

New Head-Fier
I've been devouring forums lately, over the last several days I've been through hundreds of posts, but I can't find what I want. Or  rather, I can't find out what I want to want. I guess everyone tends to differ in their exact needs..
Anyways, I want headphones that are bright, but not entirely without bass. Essentially, the bass should be very tight, though not a necessarily very powerful. I want very defined and powerful mids. I'm looking for a very open sound, too. The phones can't clamp my ears (b/c I wear glasses). To give you an idea of this, my Senny 228 HD Pros hurt too much with my glasses on after about 45 min. They can't be (fully) closed, because I'm tired of my ears sweating and I need to be able to hear approaching cars. And, my final requiem is that they must be about $150 or less.

I was thinking maybe the sr125i? Other suggestions are more than welcome. Oh, and it it helps, I prefer classic and progressive punk (pronk), math rock, noise rock, as well as twee and folk. (The Cure, Los Campesinos!, The Kills, Future of the Left, mclusky, and I've always been partial to Jack White) Sorry for such a long list and so many requirements.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back