What headphone will you buy with your tax refund?
Feb 28, 2009 at 5:28 AM Post #31 of 69
I'm pretty good for headphones right now. Maybe I'll toss the tax refund in the bank (or bury it in my backyard). I might sell off some of the headphones that I'm not using much (i.e., AKG K340's, Beyerdynamics DT770 250 ohm, AKG 701) and buy something nice used, not sure what yet).

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #36 of 69
Whatever it is, I'm spending on American products as that's what the stimulus check is for.

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:45 AM Post #39 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait so... Why are you getting a tax refund?

To stimulate US economy which miserably failed last time. Interestingly enough, they think it will really help doing it second time around. Where do they get the money? School funds, medical funds, social security, etc..

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #40 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To stimulate US economy which miserably failed last time. Interestingly enough, they think it will really help doing it second time around. Where do they get the money? School funds, medical funds, social security, etc..

Our economy is pretty bad too... Why don't I get a tax refund
frown.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #41 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMan007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None.

x2, untill I can afford something along the lines of a he60, he90 (dreaming a bit there but one can dream), or a nice stax or similiar [I'm interested in the HD800 but doubt it'll top the orpheus line] I can't see a point in trying something within my small budget that would top my HD600 for my usses.

Just in case it's not clear, it'll be quite a while till I can afford my next upgrade (beyond some interconnects I am looking at getting for around $80).

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:10 AM Post #42 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Our economy is pretty bad too... Why don't I get a tax refund
frown.gif

Trust me, it's not a good thing. The government is just trying to make you feel better now by giving you a check(which was your money to begin with), but truthfully, they'll take it out of your medical care funds, you and your child's education funds which you will eventually have to pay down the line anyway. The problem is, if you spend it inside your country and buy your own country's goods, it will pay off, the current will circle, and will really stimulate the economy and create more jobs. But the problem arises when everyone gets their checks and spend it on out-of-country goods which doesn't do any good for the whole purpose of the bill, your country, and yourself. That's why it failed last time, and it will fail again this time, and create more government deficit and raise inflation.

Ok, I think that's enough politics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2009 at 7:13 AM Post #43 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Trust me, it's not a good thing. The government is just trying to make you feel better now by giving you a check(which was your money to begin with), but truthfully, they'll take it out of your medical care funds, you and your child's education funds which you will eventually have to pay down the line anyway. The problem is, if you spend it inside your country and buy your own country's goods, it will pay off, the current will circle, and will really stimulate the economy and create more jobs. But the problem arises when everyone gets their checks and spend it on out-of-country goods which doesn't do any good for the whole purpose of the bill, your country, and yourself. That's why it failed last time, and it will fail again this time, and create more government deficit and raise inflation.

Ok, I think that's enough politics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Screw the future. I want money now >
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back