Nov 25, 2002 at 11:24 AM Post #4 of 14
ksc35 by far. no contest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 11:44 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by taoster
ksc35 by far. no contest.
smily_headphones1.gif

Ermm... he is asking for mx500 when compared to ksc50. Not ksc-35. The ksc50 and 35 ,hands down the 35 is much better .

So I would still say:
Mx500 is better,

Coz the ksc-50 have been mentioned to have uncomfortable fit and the sound is nowhere near the ksc35. The hang loosely too. Not as snug as the ksc35.
The mx500 is therefore a better choice

Nov 25, 2002 at 11:56 AM Post #6 of 14
oops.. sorry!

I still think the ksc50 beats out the mx500 but it does have a terrible fit on most people. This is because of it size and weight, as well as the weight isnt evenly distributed on the ear due to its bad clip design. the driver rest quite some distance from the ear thus tends to pull at the top rim of the ear, very abresively.

so to summarise, ksc50 beats the mx500 soundwise by a large margin but the mx500 beats the ksc50 comfortwise by a large margin too..

the ksc50 might just win the honour of the most uncomfortable phone! (ive yet to try the cheese phone, they dont look too comfortable either)

hope that helps.

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:40 PM Post #7 of 14
Yep, I agree with you onthis.Sonically the ksc50 still sound better than mx500. But that if you can stand wearing them for a long period of time.. which many people can't.
Then what's the purpose of buying a good sounding can that you can't really enjoy
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:55 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
Yep, I agree with you onthis.Sonically the ksc50 still sound better than mx500. But that if you can stand wearing them for a long period of time.. which many people can't.
Then what's the purpose of buying a good sounding can that you can't really enjoy
biggrin.gif

yet there are many here who wont hesitate to shove tiny silicon plugs down their ear canals for the glory of sound. i am one, i just got my etys er4s today!
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 12:59 PM Post #9 of 14
there's one thing i don't understand about the comfort problem of KSC50 . i thought the clips of KSC50 are adjustable ? i personally have no probs with wearing them for extended periods.

Nov 25, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #10 of 14
Hello Gecko!!

Welcome to head-fi!
And you better run now quick!!! before you feel sorry for you wallet !!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Anyway, you from Singapore too?nice to see sporeans..
anyway, do check the meeting/gatherings section and my post of "1st spor head-fi meet", infact all members from spore should check it to see it it can be done.

Thanks

Nov 25, 2002 at 1:22 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by gecko
there's one thing i don't understand about the comfort problem of KSC50 . i thought the clips of KSC50 are adjustable ? i personally have no probs with wearing them for extended periods.

than youre one of the lucky one.
wink.gif

macdef has a review on the ksc50, describing comfort way better than i could here.

Nov 25, 2002 at 4:58 PM Post #12 of 14
I actually have a pair of ksc50s now, and I'm going to see how long I can wear them comfortably on a long bus ride I'm taking for thanksgiving. I hope it will work out well, cause I dont want to have to buy the mx500 anymore if i don't need to.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 25, 2002 at 7:26 PM Post #13 of 14
I found my KSC-50 to be uncomfortable and dorky for the first couple days that I owned them. After keeping them on my ears for a bit, I started to notice them less as I became more acclimated to them. Now, they are quite comfortable to me, and I hardly even notice that they are on.

I think it's kind of an opinion/acclimation thing -- and you should probably at least give them a shot for the price that they are. My girlfriend also really likes them, though she has small ears (even looser than they are on me). She was actually so enamored by the jump in sound quality from earbuds that she is probably going to be buying a whole bunch as Christmas presents for her friends.

Nov 26, 2002 at 4:20 AM Post #14 of 14
I used the ksc-50s the whole day between classes and I'm kind of getting used to the feel of them on my ears. So I guess I will stick with tehm after all unless I can find ksc35s somewhere. Thanks guys.

Plus, I've been reading some of the other new posts there and they say that the ksc50 sounds better than the mx500, its just that they use the 500s for portability and less sound leakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back