What happened????
Oct 21, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 13
I'm guessing the tuberoller/mikeg battle was getting to be too much. I'm guessing the discussion will continue when Jude reopens the other one.

Oct 21, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by strohmie
I'm guessing the tuberoller/mikeg battle was getting to be too much. I'm guessing the discussion will continue when Jude reopens the other one.

Oh right. Well eventually it will have to be sorted out whether people agree or not. Unfortunately tensions run high in this episode which is unfortunate and I believe clouds objectivity. We need to remain focused so that personal issues with another member doesn't conflicts with the integrity of the post so that it stays open and questions will be answered in due time.

Oct 21, 2004 at 7:40 AM Post #4 of 13
As many people know, there are PMs circulating among active posters in these threads, and these PMs talk about a certain electrical engineering genius emphatically finding fault with SinglePower's business practices. But no one has the courage to post these claims publicly for the fear of 'legal consequences'.

These people with the 'proof' won't dare publicize the 'proofs', but keep indirectly stoking the fires through their use of innuendos - very convenient
rolleyes.gif
For these people, the verdict has been reached in their minds.. This is a weird trial.. the defendant is already being sentenced through innuendo, but without publicizing the undeniable proofs..

People, if you want to continue with the accusatory tone, kindly publicize the proofs before speaking further, or hold your peace till you can publicize the proofs.

Oct 21, 2004 at 7:52 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by raaj
As many people know, there are PMs circulating among active posters in these threads, and these PMs talk about a certain electrical engineering genius emphatically finding fault with SinglePower's business practices. But no one has the courage to post these claims publicly for the fear of 'legal consequences'.

These people with the 'proof' won't dare publicize the 'proofs', but keep indirectly stoking the fires through their use of innuendos - very convenient
rolleyes.gif
For these people, the verdict has been reached in their minds.. This is a weird trial.. the defendant is already being sentenced through innuendo, but without publicizing the undeniable proofs..

People, if you want to continue with the accusatory tone, kindly publicize the proofs before speaking further, or hold your peace till you can publicize the proofs.

What proof? Which electrical genius, that could be a number of qualified or unqualified person(s) on headfi? I only been here a month and a bit So I don't know the whole singlepower business practices before september. I remember the first thread, second and the third other than that people have been praising single power amps until the initial thread started. Next thing I know people are getting insulted, theories and rumours, threads keep popping up and being closed.

Oct 21, 2004 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

Raaj does make a point. We've gone about as far as we can go without seeing pictures of the entire internals of a Singlepower amp, and having someone provide us a technical diagnoses regarding the rumors we've heard. Conversely, however, this "lawsuit" business over the pictures certainly needs to be sorted out.

Oct 21, 2004 at 8:59 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

raaj please P.M. with some of these details...
If I got myself in the hole once I might as well go for the 6 foot mark.

you know I am dying to post a thread about my personal feeling's with the picture thread, as you may or may not have thought about the weight on my back from the starting of the picture thread...
I really didnt mean to do much harm, but I felt that people (those newbies mostly) should know the truth...
I am personally feeling amazingly bad,good,proud,sad about what I (I always pin the blame on me) might have blew out....

well with all that being said I thank JUde and the other mods for doing 4 times the overtime and keeping that thread alive. to me it should be alive, the truth should never be forgotton and if it does we wouldnt of learned much.

these threads as hard and as mean as they are, they still have alot of good that can be taken out. we as a team and as other amp makers can learn a thing or two.

Oct 21, 2004 at 9:25 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
...you know I am dying to post a thread about my personal feeling's with the picture thread, as you may or may not have thought about the weight on my back from the starting of the picture thread...
I really didnt mean to do much harm, but I felt that people (those newbies mostly) should know the truth...
I am personally feeling amazingly bad,good,proud,sad about what I (I always pin the blame on me) might have blew out...

Don't beat yourself up. If it wasn't you someone else would have eventually...

Oct 21, 2004 at 10:59 AM Post #10 of 13
IMO this was fishy since a looong time. I always wondering why this particular manufacturer treatened people to post pics of the internal of his amp. I didn't knew and i still not believe you can make a case with that in USA. I heard everything finish to the court in America...but for posting pics of a product available to consumer i don't get it. Moreover if there's a patent, right?

I've been around tube amps since 17 years and maybe my memory failed but i never heard about patented tube circuitry. They are public domain since age. Some manufacturer make alteration but it's usually not worth the patent.

If that can help i'm offering to host some clean pictures of the inside for the sake of public information. You can send me pic on my PM box, you will remain anonymous. As long as there's not a naked child on the back i cannot be sued for that in France.

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:11 AM Post #11 of 13
Thank you for volunteering to host pictures, Mastergill! It would be nice to just end all the useless debate and rumors and finally see the truth, be it positive or negative or somewhere in between. Someone, please send him pictures.

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:13 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

raaj,

With all due respect, your tone is pretty accusatory as well. If you and the rest of the folks in here want to have a continuing discussion about this, it needs to stay on topic and EVERYONE needs to drop the BS.

As for the other thread, it's possible that it might reopen. Don't know yet...

Oct 21, 2004 at 11:18 AM Post #13 of 13
the other thread is reopened back on topic and will stay that way. This one is closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back