What happened to Iriver? They use to have so many more DAP's.
Feb 25, 2008 at 3:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

johnanderson

100+ Head-Fier
Back when I bought my x5 the main competition was the H320. Before that I remember the h120 being one of the best dap's around, with the only competition in sq being the rio karma. Now I that I'm looking around for a new player the only thing that interests me from iriver is their clix, which is priced around the same as the sony players. It also seems that the sony players have more to offer in terms of specs. So now it seems the flash market on this forum is dominated with either apple, sony, or iaudio and the only mention of iriver is the h120. I know the h10 was a huge failure but that cant be the only reason why iriver has become a shell of what it once was.

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 12
Spinn!SPINN!!!!!!!!
If you go to the iRiver site, then to the CES2008 thing at the bottom, it shows some mock-ups of some products than they have in the works. All of them are pretty cool looking, too.

Feb 25, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #4 of 12
they have several hard drive daps in the pipes, including a harddrive version of the clix, it looks sweet, but while i wait, my NW-HD5 will return to me and i will butcher it, removing the harddrive, and repalcing it with a 32gb compact flash,

Feb 25, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
removing the harddrive, and repalcing it with a 32gb compact flash,

please be sure to let me know how that goes!
wink.gif

any links to the adapter board?

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fear not...your name still holds honor. The H1xx series was (is) good enough to last for awhile longer yet.

X2

Despite their size they are still very much a DAP of choice - optical out and a well thought out and executed design.

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:33 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they have several hard drive daps in the pipes, including a harddrive version of the clix, it looks sweet, but while i wait, my NW-HD5 will return to me and i will butcher it, removing the harddrive, and repalcing it with a 32gb compact flash,

Do you know what model the HDD is?? My one and only MP3 player was an IRiver H120 and I loved it (yes I am a poor college student who can't afford a dozen MP3 players) but like the OP said, most of the devices they have been making are flash only
mad.gif

If IRiver or even Sony releases a decent HDD based MP3, I will be happy.

Feb 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #10 of 12
give it time, they presented several hard drive players in CES,

as for the conversion board, im not sure its needed, but i have seen one, it costs 5 bucks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back