What gift for gf?
Jul 9, 2011 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

psgarcha92

100+ Head-Fier
Hey Guys
Nobody would expect this kind of a post on Head-fi forums, but what can we do here, its one of the few forums that i extensively post on.
So here's the deal. We need to be a little creative here.
Me and my girl have been in a long distance relationship for about 3 years. We had our ups and downs, and i dont want to jinx it, but we made it out together. Basically in these 3 years we must have met some 15-20 times, which have not been for more than 2 hours per meeting. but yeah, we are going good, we are both happy together, and yes the Long distance- no see relationship kind of sucks, but we dont have another option.
The point now is, that i am going even farther away from her now. basically both are going for colleges, and are separated by some 2000 kms. what do i gift to her this time? i felt a promise ring would suffice, but, i have to go on 12th of this month. plus, thanks to head fi, i dont have a lot of money in my pocket.
So what do i gift her that would work, something that u would have gifted to ur girlfriend?
Regards

Jul 9, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 23
From my experience the best gifts are the ones that you put the most effort into. I tend to avoid buying my wife gifts and look to create something for her instead. I'm particularily good at writing poetry so that's been a good avenue. For our anniversary I'm working on a piece of art. In the end, it really shows your commitment and passion towards your partner. Better than anything you can buy in a store, for sure.

Something with pictures of you and/or both of you together (if you have them) might be great given your distance. Maybe a mini album or collage. Could include a clever right up of each photo. Make her smile and think of you.

Good Luck!

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #4 of 23
Hey Joelby,
like u am of the DIY spirit. the past gifts that i have given her have been all DIY. U do good poetry, i write well, so maybe i'd be going with that. The thing basically was that because we'd not be together for 4 years, i wanted something, for instance jewellery, like a ring that she could wear all the time. Like something that could be on her/ with her 24x7x365x4. That is why i was thinking of a ring. The love bites don't last long either :wink:. the long lasting thing was her idea u know.....i am thinking of writing some creative stuff very creatively, but lets see how much i can work on it in these days.....i want to give a collection of gifts that could just remind her of me, of us......4 years is a big deal......

@iPod PJ,
she'z a cute girly girl, and very practical. and because i don't earn right now, she wouldn't want me to get something that is expensive at all.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 23

Quote:
Hey Guys
..... thanks to head fi, i dont have a lot of money in my pocket.

man you got me with that one 
biggrin.gif

Give her a puppy or a cat, whatever she's into. It'll make her company and it'll remind her of you everytime. cant go wrong with a cute pet.

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #7 of 23
Give an experience rather than a physical object.

Spa treatments are an obvious (and safe) choice.

Better is a weekend trip. I'm not familiar with your location, but I'd gamble there's a vacation spot not too far away. There should be a nice river, lake or ocean with resorts and hotels. Take her to one. Get a nice room, plan meals out and find a few activities. Rent a boat, take a hike, swimming, and others are good activities.

Jul 10, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #8 of 23
What about a music player filled with love songs? or like Uncle erik said, a day/wkd trip. 

Jul 10, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #9 of 23

Quote:
Hey Joelby,
like u am of the DIY spirit. the past gifts that i have given her have been all DIY. U do good poetry, i write well, so maybe i'd be going with that. The thing basically was that because we'd not be together for 4 years, i wanted something, for instance jewellery, like a ring that she could wear all the time. Like something that could be on her/ with her 24x7x365x4. That is why i was thinking of a ring. The love bites don't last long either :wink:. the long lasting thing was her idea u know.....i am thinking of writing some creative stuff very creatively, but lets see how much i can work on it in these days.....i want to give a collection of gifts that could just remind her of me, of us......4 years is a big deal......

@iPod PJ,
she'z a cute girly girl, and very practical. and because i don't earn right now, she wouldn't want me to get something that is expensive at all.

You want to give her a gift that she'll never forget?  Move there.

Or like others have said, a short vacation is always excellent.

For something more practical, engraved jewelry (perhaps with her birthstone) with a nice saying on it + fresh chocolate covered fruit perhaps, and a nice card that you make yourself to top it off.

Jul 10, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 23
You guys kind of missed the part where he said he had no dough. Plus we don't even know if they are seeing eachother before he leaves so that pretty much rules out a vacation. He needs ideas on the cheap, sentimental side.

Jul 10, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #14 of 23

Quote:
Give an experience rather than a physical object.

Spa treatments are an obvious (and safe) choice.

Better is a weekend trip. I'm not familiar with your location, but I'd gamble there's a vacation spot not too far away. There should be a nice river, lake or ocean with resorts and hotels. Take her to one. Get a nice room, plan meals out and find a few activities. Rent a boat, take a hike, swimming, and others are good activities.

I read something that experiences are worth more than physical objects, i think this is a winning idea
biggrin.gif
Try the Four Seasons
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #15 of 23
The Four Seasons is nice, but not inexpensive.

For cheap, take bus or rail to a scenic place. Take a walk, go for a hike, swim, camp out, whatever. Just go somewhere beautiful. Have some activities planned and give her your full attention. She'll remember that forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back