what full-size cans do you use with your favourite IEM (in my case se846)?
May 31, 2015 at 3:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

alseal

New Head-Fier
Hi All!

I have got the SE846 since 2 months now. It was a great purchase. I discovered a new dimension of my music library.  
However, i found it little troublesome to use at office as i often have to take it off for phone calls. 

I'm now searching for pair of full-size headphones purely for stationary use. Without paying a fortune for something like the HD800, I would like to have something that is similar quality and sound signature to the se846.  Is that possible?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Many thanks 
Alex

May 31, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #3 of 6

ProtegeManiac

Headphoneus Supremus
  I have got the SE846 since 2 months now. It was a great purchase. 
However, i found it little troublesome to use at office as i often have to take it off for phone calls. 

I'm wondering if anyway of you use a full size headphone alongside your iEM for stationary use. 

I can't imagine exactly how - I mean, can you predict when you'll be getting the most calls and use the headphone then instead of the IEM?

I just use headphones at home where I have desks and my IEMs on the go; if I take my car I take a headphon and use that at work.

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:25 AM Post #4 of 6

alseal

New Head-Fier

I can't imagine exactly how - I mean, can you predict when you'll be getting the most calls and use the headphone then instead of the IEM?

I just use headphones at home where I have desks and my IEMs on the go; if I take my car I take a headphon and use that at work.

Really sorry for not getting my point straight, i was seeking advice for buying a pair of full-sizes for stationary use only. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #5 of 6

Beyakusenn

1000+ Head-Fier
  I'm now searching for pair of full-size headphones purely for stationary use. Without paying a fortune for something like the HD800, I would like to have something that is similar quality and sound signature to the se846.  Is that possible?

I am not sure about your budget, but you might want to get a second hand Beyerdynamic T1. Unless you want closed cans that are easy to drive. Then I'd recommend the Oppo PM-3.

Users who are viewing this thread