What foods won't you eat?
Sep 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #92 of 424
If you eating now, you have chance to switch to other topics before going-on.

Alright, you have been warned :-

Living in part of South East Asia has been very fortunate, as we have a wide range of food. There are local foods, as well as Malay, Chinese and Indian food. Also this globalization has also made Japanese food, European and American food common here.
I enjoy most of them all (guess I'm not too picky). I'm do enjoy a lot of exotic foods, such as steam fish heads, all kinds of intestines, durian, Japanese raw fish, fragmented beans and many more, just to name a few. Also lots of Asia have problem with cheese, but I have enjoyed them a lot.
I have yet to be challenged by food that I wouldn't eat, but enjoying them is entirely a different matter, I hate mustard, as well as wasabi - they taste almost the same, but they simply taste alien to me - they cover the ORIGINAL taste of burger, hotdogs, raw meat, and I prefer those taste to mustard / wasabi.

However there are a couple dishes I think I will pass - I won't even try if I'm offered:
  • Queen ants - size of human thumb, and you are supposed to swallow it alive - I won't mention any further lol
  • Baby rats - People say they taste like chicken...
  • Rotten eggs.

I would probably try bbq grasshopper, well I'm not entirely sure, I can only confirm when I confront the dish...

Btw I don't order or cook beef / tuna / shark / dog / whales, not that I dislike the taste or feel it's disgusting, but rather playing my social responsibility :p No I won't lecture you if you take beef in front of me :)

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #94 of 424
And tongue. Not because I think it's grody; it's because of that thick, mucousy binder. The sight of it causes me to heave like Kane when he gave birth to that little alien.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:36 PM Post #95 of 424

Quote:
Damn....I can't even tolerate Taco Bell warm.

Ya me and my friend ate there once because it was so cheap and we felt sick afterwards. Best avoided.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #96 of 424
I am not much a vegetable person.  Won't do what I call "advanced" vegetables at all, which are things like broccoli, bok choi, brussel sprouts, asparagus, bell peppers, etc.  I do eat tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, and avocados.  (Two of those are technically fruits.)  It's mostly a texture thing though.  I'll eat just about any vegetable in soup because it gets rid of the texture.

Other than vegetables, I'll eat just about anything.  I love sushi.  Love wild game.  Love all ethnic styles of food - Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese, Mexican, Ethiopian, Indian, etc.

I don't generally eat veal because it makes me sad (baby cows and all).  Wouldn't eat dolphin because they are intelligent creatures.  Feel the same about dog, cat and horse.

Also, I haven't had fast food (McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc.) in almost a decade.  Just really low grade food.  The closest I get are sub sandwiches and Q'Doba burritos.

Sep 16, 2011 at 3:47 PM Post #97 of 424

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya me and my friend ate there once because it was so cheap and we felt sick afterwards. Best avoided.

The last time I ate at the Bell, I could have used the muddy, atomized spray from my rectum to mist the vegetables at my local grocery from 20+ feet.

Sep 16, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #98 of 424
Epic Meal Time anyone?

Sep 16, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #100 of 424
Sep 16, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #101 of 424
I wish there was more blue-colored food.

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #102 of 424
for anyone who's eaten durian's, quick question..do they really smell?... because apparently they do but i don't think so

also, as much as I've wanted to try, i have never eaten veal

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #103 of 424

Quote:
for anyone who's eaten durian's, quick question..do they really smell?... because apparently they do but i don't think so

also, as much as I've wanted to try, i have never eaten veal

If you had an affair with durian, there is no way to hide from your soulmate :p

Yeah they smell, and normally the smell would stay with you overnight. And your pee will smell like one. The people who eat it wont feel a thing - but it tortures people next to you. The solution is, join him/her and eat durian (The only other way is get away from that person 24 hours LOL)

I had a few friend who stay away from durian, describe the smell as cat ****.

Just a fun fact. the chef who claims eat everything, fail on durian test. His name is:

Anthony Bourdain

Sep 16, 2011 at 7:59 PM Post #104 of 424

Quote:

If you had an affair with durian, there is no way to hide from your soulmate :p

Yeah they smell, and normally the smell would stay with you overnight. And your pee will smell like one. The people who eat it wont feel a thing - but it tortures people next to you. The solution is, join him/her and eat durian (The only other way is get away from that person 24 hours LOL)

I had a few friend who stay away from durian, describe the smell as cat ****.

Just a fun fact. the chef who claims eat everything, fail on durian test. His name is:

Anthony Bourdain

lol... i never realized it smelled that bad 

Sep 16, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #105 of 424
Durian is delicious but it really does smell.  The old saying is "tastes like heaven, smells like hell".  There is a reason eating durian is banned from public places and businesses.  Also, it is one of the more dangerous fruits -- have one fall from the tree onto your head and you will know what I mean.   You guys are making me hungry. Durian, jackfruit, mangosteen -- all delicious.

EDIT:  On the original subject of this thread, there are *very* few things I will not eat.  Balut, camel, seven-step snake, bamboo mouse, live sushi, cho-chin (cooked unhatched chicken eggs with a little uterus tissue still attached)... I have eaten and love them all.  But there is one dish in Japan that I cannot get my taste buds around, and that is best described marinated octopus intestines.  Truly too nasty for me.     

Users who are viewing this thread

Back