What DVD did you first buy?
Mar 19, 2006 at 1:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
I got the idea of starting this thread after visiting several forums with this topic... IT helps if you also post the price and place you bought the DVDs.

I just bought Lady and the Tramp PE and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2 disc DVD for a grade total of 15 bucks at Walmart!

Mar 19, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #4 of 44
I believe it was The Crow. It's one of my favorites, and seemed like the right one to start with, back in the summer of '99.

Mar 19, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 44
I actually bought my first DVD before I owned a DVD player...

I was at The Residents live show in Minneapolis, and they were selling lots of stuff - including the 'Kettles of Fish' DVD.

http://residents.com/bh/kettles.htm

Really strange, but great show. Maybe even stranger DVD...

Lots of DVD's since then of course.

My favorites are: Blade Runner, Monty Python & the Holy Grail, The Shining, Alien, Young Frankenstein, Fargo, Office Space, Blazing Saddles.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:06 AM Post #8 of 44
Sold a PC a couple of years back that had a DVD drive. The buyer wanted the machine returned to stock, and after reloading I needed a DVD to test with. I walked into Best Buy and picked up a loss-leader from a display at the cash register. And that's how I came to buy my first DVD -- Titanic.

Still haven't watched the film.
icon10.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabe Logan
The Matrix.I watched that thing so many more times than i can count.

Same here. I purchased the Matrix for $19.99 at Best Buy (It was on special
rolleyes.gif
). I have also watched it tons of times and it is still one of my favorite DVD's.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #12 of 44
Don't remember the price but my first original DVD was the XFiles season 1 box set (US region). It was a toss between that or Silence of the Lambs CE version but I chose the former cause I was feeling for it
orphsmile.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #13 of 44
The first dvd I purchased was Rush Hour and I had purchased it at Tower Records back in 1998 when I got my new pc rig with a dvd player. I think I paid $20 for that dvd, the dvd player in my pc rig was my first dvd player. Two months later I purchased my first home dvd player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back