what does your head-fi name/handle mean?
Aug 1, 2002 at 7:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 362

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I know that some of you guys use names on head-fi other than your own.I don't want to know your real name but the significance of the name you have chosen to ID yourself with here at head-fi is a curiosity of mine.Some are obvious and others are'nt.I'll start with my oh so obvious ID.
tuberoller signifies my lifelong obsession with buying and replacing tubes in all the tube gear I own/have owned.I have had literally thousands of tubes pass through my grubby fingers and now still own about 700 tubes.

Fess up.I need to know.

edit: would you guys/girls also take the time to add some info to your profiles.It's always fun to check you (and your gear)out before I post to make fun of your last stupid remark.

Aug 1, 2002 at 10:20 AM Post #2 of 362
Ha Ha
Simple.
Mine,s two little buttons on the back of a Canon G2 camera.

Set-menu
tongue.gif
confused.gif

Aug 1, 2002 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 362
I have a mild fascination with words...every now and then I will come across a good one. Anyways, at the time I was registering my yahoo email account, many moons ago, I knew I didn't want to use my real name. This necessitated an "alter-ego". Two fave words at the time were "Stymie" and "Miasma" and so...Stymie Miasma was born
biggrin.gif

Who's next??

Aug 1, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #4 of 362
i like pretending i'm italian.

Aug 1, 2002 at 10:48 AM Post #5 of 362
i'm a pessimistic *******..
and i've been going by grinch for about a decade now and have absolutely no want to change my alias.

edit: i agree with tuberoller that people should fill in their profiles. oh, and i live in new york, i just think "homesick for space" is a great band and i think it looks cool as a location.

Aug 1, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 362
Well I look like someone who's disturbed and people used to call me that ... though that changed one day when I bit someone as self-defence now people call me Hannibal ... too bad I can't change my name *chews on bad guys legs*

Aug 1, 2002 at 12:30 PM Post #10 of 362
I prefer 2 channel music over multi...Duh!

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #11 of 362
All the names that I am normally called wouldn't make for a good name here and Jude would probably not allow it. So I simply wnt with a combo of my name and initials.

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:18 PM Post #12 of 362
See, now, MY head-fi name is special, because it's a combination of my REAL name (vijay) and my FAKE name (cool)........oooh yea........

rolleyes.gif

I dunno, it just types nice......c-o-o-l-v-i-j..........aaah......out loud it isn't as cool.......but typed.......aaaaaaaah..........

all together now......

C--O--O--L--V--I--J! Way to go! YOU CAN DO IT!

Aug 1, 2002 at 1:53 PM Post #14 of 362
my handle? I was born with it. no imagination.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back