What does this mean in my Arcam CD owner's manual about "remote control codes"?
Nov 11, 2006 at 5:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. In my CD player's owner's manual there is a page dedicated to "remote-control codes." For example, "clear all" has a code of 20-57. What does this mean? The manual says that the codes in italics on this page in the owner's manual refer to buttons on my supplied remote control.

If I try to enter the numbers on my supplied remote control, 20-57 for example, the CD player enters the 20th track on the disc immediately. Can anyone explain the concept of "remote-control codes"?

Nov 11, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
Hi. In my CD player's owner's manual there is a page dedicated to "remote-control codes." For example, "clear all" has a code of 20-57. What does this mean? The manual says that the codes in italics on this page in the owner's manual refer to buttons on my supplied remote control.

If I try to enter the numbers on my supplied remote control, 20-57 for example, the CD player enters the 20th track on the disc immediately. Can anyone explain the concept of "remote-control codes"?

This refers to IR codes that you can send to the player to operate it. So for instance if you lose your original remote you can get a remote that can send the correct codes and thus perform the same functions. To do this you need to program the replacement remote so that each key sends the rquired codes.

Nov 11, 2006 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 4
You could try Play then prog. The Play starts the canned selection and the Prog stops it. The you can start over, bit clunky and no usability awards for Arcam on that design feature...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back