What do you think of this multi-media center?
Jun 29, 2005 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

PITTM

500+ Head-Fier
my uncle showed me this company's website. www.digitaldeck.com. apparently his company is interested in selling this product for the company, i reviewed the product for him and would like to see some head-fi'ers views on it. i would actually like to see a few people post what they think a "good" market price for this product would be. they dont state the price on the site but i know what it is and i would like to see how close people are in their guesses (the price is available at a few sites, so dont cheat please
600smile.gif
). ill post my review after i see a couple more. thanks!

rj

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 7
Probably very expensive, though I am not entirely clear on what it does. I think this is some sort of cable box / server / TiVo.

I don't know. $1,275.00 for the whole shooting match, dropping to $750.00 after 18 months.

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:18 AM Post #3 of 7
from my understanding it is just an external hard drive controlled by the remote control, feeding the MX1000 box which has the outputs. But at the same time, the MX1000 also has inputs and can stream the feed to the hard drive. i guess.

rj

Jun 29, 2005 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Good golly! That's an awful lot of coin to hand over!!!
eek.gif
I'd imagine that you could accomplish the same things a lot cheaper with a couple seperate boxes and maybe a computer.

Jeez that's expensive!
biggrin.gif

Jun 29, 2005 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 7
This sounds more like a product to be sold to Comcast or DirectTV (or similar company), and let them "rent" them to their customers. I pay the $10 per month for the 2-tuner HDTV digital DVR box Comcast offers. It's easier to deal with "warranty" issues (trade-in for another one).

A product like this doesn't seem geared for end-user purchase. I'd venture a guess that a bulk of the consumers will look at what their "TV" service offers for equipment like this first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back