What Do You Think Of The New 2014 Corvette Stingray?
Jan 13, 2013 at 11:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 16
I think it looks brilliant. Better than the C6, but still different enough to look like a clearly new model. I could have wished for a bit more power, but really - 450 hp is enough. I'm particularly excited about the new interior.

Just to be clear, I can't actually afford one - but if I can in a year or two, I'll be happier to get one of these than I would have been with a C6.

Jan 14, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #4 of 16
Quote:
I think it looks brilliant. Better than the C6, but still different enough to look like a clearly new model. I could have wished for a bit more power, but really - 450 hp is enough. I'm particularly excited about the new interior.

Just to be clear, I can't actually afford one - but if I can in a year or two, I'll be happier to get one of these than I would have been with a C6.

It doesn't have that classic look. In a few years this design is going to need a facelift.

Jan 14, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #7 of 16
To me, that is not a Corvette Stingray......these are.

Jan 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 16
Like the look if it better than there past couple of generations.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #11 of 16
Probably the biggest difference from the old model is the tail-end treatment:

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 16
I kinda like it, except for the lack of the split rear window. That's part of what makes it a "stingray."

I remember a Stingray concept from a few years back that had the split rear window. It looked much better IMO. This is just a wee bit bland as others have said.

The new Viper looks better, too.

Jan 14, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 16
I don't like:

Front treatment. The lights are darned ridiculous.
The C1 inspired front grill (though they never say so explicitly, it's there if you look). I liked the clean look better.
The weird semi-splitter elements on the corners of the front.
Hate the back. The round tail lights meant something; getting rid of them is a foolish error. It's like Porsche when they got rid of their round(-ish) headlights with the 996. Eliminates the identity of the vehicle.

I like:

The middle "rib" -- when you look it in profile, it reminds me of the C3's with side pipes a bit.
Pretty much the entire profile is great... I think it's the best part of the car.
Interior's nice, but I probably will never sit in one.
If the performance is as good as they say, that's always a plus.

Conclusion: I'm unlikely to ever own this car (in it's current form) so all this is just internet ramble-tamble.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 16
I'm not sure what to think of it, actually. I saw some of the concept pictures, and I really liked a few of them. Then I saw the actual car yesterday or so, and my first impression wasn't that great. When I got to looking at it more closely, it grew on me a bit, but I'm still undecided. If that makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back