What do you think of Sony's PCDP "directional jog lever?"
Mar 16, 2006 at 5:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I'm using my new Sony D-NE330 and, on the unit, it has a "directional jog lever," which means that to adjust the volume, you must click a lever up or down. I'm finding it a little awkward to use, and it's the main reason I'm using the remote, which is equipped with + or - volume buttons. Also, the directional jog lever feels flimsy.

What do you think of Sony's jog lever, has it proved durable over time, and do you like using it?

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 12
I dont own the d-ne330 yet, I've seen a few pictures and I dont particularly like the change, I can imagine what its like. I own the d-ne320 and I think I'd like its flat volume buttons more than the "jogger" or whatever they call it. Do you think you can post a high-res photo of this player? Do you get distortion at high volumes?

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 12
I'm sorry photek, I don't have a camera. The unit does not distort at loud volumes, could this be the result of the 15 mW per channel? The unit sound good, but I'm not sure I can say it sounds better than my D-NF 420, essentially the same as your 320.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #4 of 12
hi dead, I dont mean to get off topic, but what are your thoughts on the d-ne330? nobodys really said anything about it yet. Is it worth purchasing if you already own the last years models, which both of us do. I was thinking of buying another 320 but for $20 more I can buy the 330, the 15mW is interesting, and I love the sound of the 320 it could use some more power. What do you think?

Mar 17, 2006 at 10:09 AM Post #5 of 12
The reason I decided to get the 330 was yes, the 15mW of output; three times more than the 20 series. I feel the extra power is enabling me to play at louder volumes without distortion.

I'm glad I made this purchase, I would recommend getting the 330 instead of another 320.

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #6 of 12
[size=small]There is also the 430 version with a built in radio. I broke down and bought both, LOL. But hey, you just don't find many PCDP's anymore with 15mW. Plus they come in different colors. I know, lame excuse to buy both. If anyone is interested in them I have seen them at various Wal-Marts for the same price or cheaper then online stores.[/size]

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine
[size=small]There is also the 430 version with a built in radio. I broke down and bought both, LOL. But hey, you just don't find many PCDP's anymore with 15mW. Plus they come in different colors. I know, lame excuse to buy both. If anyone is interested in them I have seen them at various Wal-Marts for the same price or cheaper then online stores.[/size]

I can't think of a better bargain for around $50.

Mar 17, 2006 at 6:35 PM Post #8 of 12
The directional jog lever looks kind of tough for big thumbs
biggrin.gif
. It was a turnoff when I tried out the D-NE920 at sonystyle. It would work really well if they put it on the side of the player, like how it's design on their MD remotes, and flash players. Does the D-NE330 remote have a jog lever?

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

[size=x-small]There is also the 430 version with a built in radio. I broke down and bought both, LOL. But hey, you just don't find many PCDP's anymore with 15mW. Plus they come in different colors. I know, lame excuse to buy both. If anyone is interested in them I have seen them at various Wal-Marts for the same price or cheaper then online stores.[/size]

wal-marts in the U.S.? I've been looking for one in stores, havent seen any yet not even on their website.

Mar 19, 2006 at 7:38 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Have you noticed any sound difference between the 330 and 430?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back