What do you think is Lennon/McCartney's most famous song?
May 14, 2008 at 9:07 AM Post #3 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yesterday

May 14, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #6 of 26
Yesterday

May 14, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by latershow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A Day in the Life

My favourite Beatles song and one of the few joint-written Lennon/McCartney songs. Yesterday was mostly Paul's creation, was it not?

i thought "a day in the life" was all mccartney? good song though..kinda weird/trippy at the end

May 14, 2008 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 26
Since you said "most famous" I would agree with Yesterday. Yes, it was mostly Paul's creation, but both are credited.

A Day In the Life was a real collaboration between Lennon and McCartney. John wrote the beginning and ending parts and Paul wrote the middle bit ("Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head...").

May 15, 2008 at 8:50 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by m11a1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought "a day in the life" was all mccartney? good song though..kinda weird/trippy at the end

McCartney's bit in "a day in the life" is the "woke up / got out of bed..." section. The rest is Lennon's (not forgetting George Martin's orchestral arrangement at the end of the song.)

May 15, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #13 of 26
"She Loves You" immediately came to mind, as it contains their famous "Ya, Ya, Ya" line, was one of, if not their first international hit, was played on their first Ed Sullivan appearance, and was in many people's minds for a time at least, their signature song. But I imagine that only those who were around when it and they first exploded on the scene, might consider it their most famous. Other than that, I guess I'd go with "Yesterday" as well, although "Hey Jude" seems very well known also.

May 15, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #15 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"She Loves You" immediately came to mind, as it contains their famous "Ya, Ya, Ya" line, was one of, if not their first international hit, was played on their first Ed Sullivan appearance, and was in many people's minds for a time at least, their signature song. But I imagine that only those who were around when it and they first exploded on the scene, might consider it their most famous. Other than that, I guess I'd go with "Yesterday" as well, although "Hey Jude" seems very well known also.

I was thinking about "She Loves You" too mbriant
smily_headphones1.gif
. That was one of the first songs that got me hooked a long, long, time ago. Yesterday seems to be the most very known for sure. When Paul was touring in his Back in the U.S. tour he would do "Hey Jude" as one of his ending songs. It has a catchy "na, na, na, na, na, na, na..." line. I was lucky to go to that concert and had a great time as he dug into the Beatles catalog. Great watching others around me relive their youth as he was singing
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back