What do you do with your IEMs/ Ear-buds while they are temporarily not in use?
Feb 17, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #31 of 45
I have a wrap I do, I'm at work and can't see the video. But I figure 8 them up and it works nice and tidy with no binds on everything I have. I'll check the video later and maybe up a pick of my method.

Feb 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #32 of 45
wallet in right pocket, altoids can in left. You can sit on it without destroying your stuff. On a side note, I now love the 1.5 ft wire on the ATH CKM 50, it fits perfectly in there with an ipod nano. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:00 PM Post #33 of 45

Quote:
wallet in right pocket, altoids can in left. You can sit on it without destroying your stuff. On a side note, I now love the 1.5 ft wire on the ATH CKM 50, it fits perfectly in there with an ipod nano. 

Altoids cans are strong but I feel like I would either break it or cause the metal to cave in by sitting on it like that!! Haha.

Feb 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #35 of 45
Anytime I'm not using my IEM's/iPod, I put them in a case.

I bought the JLAB's Samba Travel Case to keep things neat and in order. It has decent protection and it keeps everything I need right there with me. AND it comes in a variety of colors so it fits anyone's style.

I know it may seem over the top but a buddy of mine had someone run past him in class and snatch his Bose IEM's (I know, laughable) right off of his neck. So, I'll take precaution before I let someone take my IEM's I spent my hard earned money on.

My only complain about the case is that the zipper pull is made of cheap material. After a little over a year, the majority of the pull broke off. It's still functional, that is what really matters to me.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #36 of 45

Quote:
Anytime I'm not using my IEM's/iPod, I put them in a case.

I bought the JLAB's Samba Travel Case to keep things neat and in order. It has decent protection and it keeps everything I need right there with me. AND it comes in a variety of colors so it fits anyone's style.

I know it may seem over the top but a buddy of mine had someone run past him in class and snatch his Bose IEM's (I know, laughable) right off of his neck. So, I'll take precaution before I let someone take my IEM's I spent my hard earned money on.

My only complain about the case is that the zipper pull is made of cheap material. After a little over a year, the majority of the pull broke off. It's still functional, that is what really matters to me.

Get a small zip tie and put it on the zipper in place of the zipper puller.
Thats what a friend of mine did on his backpack when the zipper puller snapped off.

Feb 21, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #37 of 45
I let them dangle from my neck, while using the supplied clip to keep 'em from slipping. I don't really want to carry anything else, as I only use IEMs because they're small and very portable, I'd just get some full sized cans otherwise.

Feb 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #39 of 45

Quote:
Anyone know where one can buy one of those pouches with a string at the top for IEMs?

One came with my JH16's, but sadly I managed to loose it. 

Err... you mean just like a regular old drawstring pouch? You can probably just find one as an electronics accessory at like Best Buy or something.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #43 of 45
OtterBox without a doubt to me make the best iem cases. They are tough as hell and are waterproof. Only around $20 for an iem case that will last forever.

Feb 22, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #44 of 45
Won't fit in my pocket though. Sort of looking for a small pouch that I can put my CIEMs in when they're not in use. I have several otterboxes that came with products, but they're more the kind of cases you'd put in a bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back