What do you do with your IEMs/ Ear-buds while they are temporarily not in use?
post-8155296
Post #31 of 45

D Rob

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
159
Reaction score
25
Location
Tennessee
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Location
Tennessee
Posts
159
Likes
25
I have a wrap I do, I'm at work and can't see the video. But I figure 8 them up and it works nice and tidy with no binds on everything I have. I'll check the video later and maybe up a pick of my method.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8155351
Post #32 of 45

rhodan818

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
116
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Posts
116
Likes
11
wallet in right pocket, altoids can in left. You can sit on it without destroying your stuff. On a side note, I now love the 1.5 ft wire on the ATH CKM 50, it fits perfectly in there with an ipod nano. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8158352
Post #33 of 45

pwnm30rdi3

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
17
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Posts
191
Likes
17


Quote:
wallet in right pocket, altoids can in left. You can sit on it without destroying your stuff. On a side note, I now love the 1.5 ft wire on the ATH CKM 50, it fits perfectly in there with an ipod nano. 

Altoids cans are strong but I feel like I would either break it or cause the metal to cave in by sitting on it like that!! Haha.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8159485
Post #34 of 45

rhodan818

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
116
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Posts
116
Likes
11
Im a big fat guy, the can does not collapse. I dont recommend sitting on it, but you can lol (its not very comfortable)
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8159773
Post #35 of 45

durden

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Messages
136
Reaction score
10
Joined
Dec 16, 2009
Posts
136
Likes
10
Anytime I'm not using my IEM's/iPod, I put them in a case.
 
I bought the JLAB's Samba Travel Case to keep things neat and in order. It has decent protection and it keeps everything I need right there with me. AND it comes in a variety of colors so it fits anyone's style.
 
I know it may seem over the top but a buddy of mine had someone run past him in class and snatch his Bose IEM's (I know, laughable) right off of his neck. So, I'll take precaution before I let someone take my IEM's I spent my hard earned money on.
 
My only complain about the case is that the zipper pull is made of cheap material. After a little over a year, the majority of the pull broke off. It's still functional, that is what really matters to me.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8160074
Post #36 of 45

pwnm30rdi3

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
17
Joined
Jul 26, 2009
Posts
191
Likes
17


Quote:
Anytime I'm not using my IEM's/iPod, I put them in a case.
 
I bought the JLAB's Samba Travel Case to keep things neat and in order. It has decent protection and it keeps everything I need right there with me. AND it comes in a variety of colors so it fits anyone's style.
 
I know it may seem over the top but a buddy of mine had someone run past him in class and snatch his Bose IEM's (I know, laughable) right off of his neck. So, I'll take precaution before I let someone take my IEM's I spent my hard earned money on.
 
My only complain about the case is that the zipper pull is made of cheap material. After a little over a year, the majority of the pull broke off. It's still functional, that is what really matters to me.

 
Get a small zip tie and put it on the zipper in place of the zipper puller.
Thats what a friend of mine did on his backpack when the zipper puller snapped off.
 
     Share This Post       
  • Like
Reactions: ijchan223
post-8165804
Post #37 of 45

Dahaka

New Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
30
Reaction score
10
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Posts
30
Likes
10
I let them dangle from my neck, while using the supplied clip to keep 'em from slipping. I don't really want to carry anything else, as I only use IEMs because they're small and very portable, I'd just get some full sized cans otherwise.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8165816
Post #38 of 45

Staal

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
52
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Posts
1,290
Likes
52
Anyone know where one can buy one of those pouches with a string at the top for IEMs?
 
One came with my JH16's, but sadly I managed to loose it. 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8165822
Post #39 of 45

50an6xy06r6n

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Messages
1,087
Reaction score
40
Joined
Dec 16, 2010
Posts
1,087
Likes
40


Quote:
Anyone know where one can buy one of those pouches with a string at the top for IEMs?
 
One came with my JH16's, but sadly I managed to loose it. 

Err... you mean just like a regular old drawstring pouch? You can probably just find one as an electronics accessory at like Best Buy or something.
 
 
     Share This Post       
post-8165851
Post #40 of 45

Staal

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
52
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Posts
1,290
Likes
52
I was hoping for something online, preferably European. Don't have any Best Buy's around here :p
 
     Share This Post       
post-8165929
Post #41 of 45

Jupiterknight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
103
Location
USA/OH
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Location
USA/OH
Posts
1,956
Likes
103
     Share This Post       
post-8167603
Post #42 of 45

Staal

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
52
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Posts
1,290
Likes
52
Looks a bit teddybear-ish, doesn't it?
 
     Share This Post       
post-8167611
Post #43 of 45

ProjectDenz

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Messages
1,647
Reaction score
73
Joined
Aug 1, 2010
Posts
1,647
Likes
73
OtterBox without a doubt to me make the best iem cases. They are tough as hell and are waterproof. Only around $20 for an iem case that will last forever.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8167628
Post #44 of 45

Staal

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Messages
1,290
Reaction score
52
Joined
Mar 1, 2011
Posts
1,290
Likes
52
Won't fit in my pocket though. Sort of looking for a small pouch that I can put my CIEMs in when they're not in use. I have several otterboxes that came with products, but they're more the kind of cases you'd put in a bag.
 
     Share This Post       
post-8167693
Post #45 of 45

Jupiterknight

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Messages
1,956
Reaction score
103
Location
USA/OH
Joined
Aug 17, 2009
Location
USA/OH
Posts
1,956
Likes
103


Quote:
Looks a bit teddybear-ish, doesn't it?

Yeah,I have no idea why they placed a teddybear in the picture! I have one in black (the pouch!) and it doesn't look like a toy thingy at all. By the way the teddybear doesn't come with the pouch!
 
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top