What do you do when waiting for connecting flights?
Mar 18, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 30
Call girlfriend
Eat
Have a drink
Watch a DVD
Listen to music
Read a magazine/book
Websurf via Wi-Fi

Mar 18, 2006 at 10:43 PM Post #3 of 30
listen to my porta rig

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #7 of 30
Read a book I brought with me or buy an overpriced magazine from one of the newsstands.
Go grab something to eat since that waiting time (somehow) always falls over a mealtime (or if it doesn't the flight will and 2 ounces of pretzels on the plane != dinner).
Listen to whatever audio gear I brought with me, usually either my discman or iRiver flash player and Etys.
Check out some of the stores in the airport, if any.
Call random people on my cell phone.
Get something from Starbucks.

Ain't a lot else to do, especially since I don't have a laptop.

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:25 AM Post #11 of 30
I almost always walk around and check out the airports. I hate sitting in one place for an extended period of time, so I like to get up and move around a bit.

I also read the newspaper, any magazines I may have brought, listen to tunes, or do some stuff on my computer.

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:31 AM Post #13 of 30
I usually walk around for a bit, get some food, read a book and listen to music. Layovers really suck. Direct flights are where its at if you can get 'em.

Mar 19, 2006 at 12:50 AM Post #15 of 30
How true is that?! They always arrange it so that they only owe you one meal on long trips.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oistrakh
why connecting flight? Why not ask what you do for the couple of hours before you board ANY flight?

Well usually people are hesitant to go out of the airport when they only have about 1-2 hours until the connecting flight. I have about a 1.5 hour wait on my trip next week, and about 3 hour wait on the return trip. So i'm just wondering what others do in such situations.

I know i have to get something to eat and wash up. I guess i'll bring a book or something, and listen to music. But that 3 hour wait agh..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back