What do you do when waiting for connecting flights?
Mar 19, 2006 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 30
I hate sitting on a plane to begin with, so when I'm between planes, I'm walking. I like checking out the airport if I haven't been there anyway. The weather is always another aspect. I live in Florida, so if I end up in Detriot in January, I'm outside for a bit playing with the snow. I used to look for the smoking section, but fortunately, I was able to quit looking 4 years ago.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
I ride the luggage carousel.

There's a man.. on my suitcase!

very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #20 of 30
I ride the guy riding the suitcase on the luggage carousel while listening to music and reading a overpriced magazine from the newsstand while eating and checking out the airport. Top that.

Mar 19, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #21 of 30
I pretend I'm Jack Bauer and run through the terminal with my hands clasped into the shape of a 9mm.

Oh, or I read a book.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:26 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenwallet
Just wondering what you guys/gals do with more than an hour until your connecting flight is boarding?

I only fly maybe once a year, but I'll tend to just get a cup of coffee and sit there twiddling my thumbs... maybe spin some tunes on a portable player, or pick up a magazine and read it.

It's such a weirdly lonely feeling to fly alone and be sitting there at the airport in a city far from home... nothing else quite like it.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:45 PM Post #26 of 30
What I do while waiting for connection flights really depends on the length of the flight that I just stepped off from.

When I was studying in the US, I used to do long hauls between continents. That wasn't fun at all. Normally, I'll refrain from sitting down during waiting time in the airport, partially because I just sat down for 6+ hours and probably have 10+ more to go.

So, I go for a nice long walk and just window shop... or stop for some "real food."

Of course, if I'm totally jet lagged, then I'll be dozing off on a bench.

But then again, on short flights, I also prefer to walk around the passenger terminals just to past time.

Never really bought anything though.

Mar 19, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #27 of 30
I have been on the road a lot this year and there is no end in sight. You know you are traveling too much when the people at the Columbus gate know you by sight. In the bigger cities I head straight to the Admiral's Club. Watch a little news or sports, catch up on email and phone messages and relax a bit. I go to the gate right as boarding starts. It is all a routine starting at home. I have everything but clothes always packed and ready to go. All I need to do is count my days on the road and add clothes and go. I even wear slip on shoes for security so I have no laces to tie. Everything metal goes in a pocket of my bag and I sort it out later in the lounge. I also make sure nothing is in my bags that would cause a delay at security.

Once we take off the Ety's are in my ears and I listen to music or on long flights watch a movie that I have brought. Once in a great while I will be seated next to an interesting person to talk to but mostly it is me and the music for the duration of the flight.

Mar 19, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by john_jcb
I have been on the road a lot this year and there is no end in sight. You know you are traveling too much when the people at the Columbus gate know you by sight. In the bigger cities I head straight to the Admiral's Club. Watch a little news or sports, catch up on email and phone messages and relax a bit. I go to the gate right as boarding starts. It is all a routine starting at home. I have everything but clothes always packed and ready to go. All I need to do is count my days on the road and add clothes and go. I even wear slip on shoes for security so I have no laces to tie. Everything metal goes in a pocket of my bag and I sort it out later in the lounge. I also make sure nothing is in my bags that would cause a delay at security.

Once we take off the Ety's are in my ears and I listen to music or on long flights watch a movie that I have brought. Once in a great while I will be seated next to an interesting person to talk to but mostly it is me and the music for the duration of the flight.

that's how it is for me also. once in the air, i'm in my own space listening to music, watching a movie, working or sleeping. maybe there'll be someone next to me that's interesting to talk to but most of the time there isn't. rarely do i ever get to sit next to a hottie. my married coworkers always do. i don't get it.
confused.gif

i'm in asia every month or two and the longest portion of my flights are about 10hrs so after i get off the plane, i'll walk around for a bit to stretch out my legs and check out the shops but most of the time i head straight to the red carpet club. the things that they sell at the shops never changes so it's not that interesting anyhow. once i'm settled down at the lounge then i'll download email, listen to more music, read, recharge my laptop and have a beer or two. it's the same routine everytime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back