What do you all think of Bose?
Jan 5, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

Boosh96

New Head-Fier
If you've read my introduction thread or whatever, you'll know that I'm the owner of a pair of Bose QC15 headphones. I'm just curious-what do you all think of QC15's and Bose headphones in general? Personally, I think the QC15's are excellent, even if on the pricey side. The noise cancellation is great and it sounds awesome to my admittedly untrained ears. And that's thanks to my Samsung Galaxy SIII which has this cool custom equalizer thingy built into the music player app. But what do you all think?

Jan 5, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 57
I have a pair and they're excellent for noise cancellation, however because of the noise cancellation, they do muddy the sound compared to 'normal' decent headphones. I prefer the sound form my Momentum's or Amperiors tbh and don't use the QC15's a lot. In fact i'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow and I've packed my IE80's and Amperiors to take with me.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 57
Quote:
I have a pair and they're excellent for noise cancellation, however because of the noise cancellation, they do muddy the sound compared to 'normal' decent headphones. I prefer the sound form my Momentum's or Amperiors tbh and don't use the QC15's a lot. In fact i'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow and I've packed my IE80's and Amperiors to take with me.

What do you mean when you say they muddy the sound?

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 57
Bose uses nice earpad material.  That's about all I like about them.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #6 of 57
I've briefly auditioned a pair of AE2 in an Apple store recently (first pair of Bose I've heard). They're quite good (better than what I heard people say about them) and if they had better build, I'd think they're worth the price. I also checked out the Sony MDR-R1, Senn Momentum and Amperior the same day. I liked the Amperior best, I'd actually rate the Bose higher than the Momentum and R1 considering their prices. It was just a brief session though and no amp was involved.

Jan 5, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #8 of 57
Just saying Bose on these forums, you are asking for a mouthful of hate. But I have auditioned a few Bose headphones and they aren't bad if you can get past the outrageous prices. One positive thing I can say about Bose is their Noise Cancellation technology. They have excellent noise cancellation, but as far as build, SQ, and price-to-performance they are piss-poor. I don't want to but you off of your Bose, but they're atleast a dozen other headphones in the same price range as the QC15 that will blow away them as far as performance goes. But haters gonna hate, if you are happy with them.. then who cares what other people think. 

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #9 of 57
I converted my mother over from bose to Shure after I let her listen to my Srh-440's and Michael Jackson Flac music files :p

So conclusion... they are alright, but for the price... you can do WAY better imho.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #10 of 57
Bose is really inconsistent. I have some cheap Bose speakers that sound okay, and some $100 Bose speakers that are absolute crap. Yes the cheap ones actually sound a lot better than the expensive ones. Maybe the expensive ones are counterfeit, or maybe Bose is just bad at quality control. My parents bought both of them, don't blame me.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:30 PM Post #11 of 57
I think there noise cancellation is one of the best. I can see why people take the qc15 with them on an airplane or train rides as they are light, comfortable, come with a small case, and block out sound really well. The biggest flaw to me is the dependent on batteries.

Jan 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #12 of 57
I listened once in store to OE2's, to me, as a basshead (almost) :D, they sounded nice, I played some youtube subwoofer and low frequency tests, really pushed them to the limits and I gotta say i was really impressed, but my ears hurted afterwards 
biggrin.gif

They are also extremely comfortable, but on the downside, due to their design, if your ears are slightly different, you will possibly hear more bass on one side, as it happened for me. What is more, these are definitely ridiculously overpriced...

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #13 of 57
Quote:
I listened once in store to OE2's, to me, as a basshead (almost) :D, they sounded nice, I played some youtube subwoofer and low frequency tests, really pushed them to the limits and I gotta say i was really impressed, but my ears hurted afterwards 
biggrin.gif

They are also extremely comfortable, but on the downside, due to their design, if your ears are slightly different, you will possibly hear more bass on one side, as it happened for me. What is more, these are definitely ridiculously overpriced...

Sounds more like bass imbalance than ears shape trouble :)

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #14 of 57
Quote:
I think there noise cancellation is one of the best. I can see why people take the qc15 with them on an airplane or train rides as they are light, comfortable, come with a small case, and block out sound really well. The biggest flaw to me is the dependent on batteries.

Are you guys talking about Passive or Active noise cancellation?

Jan 6, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #15 of 57
They try to stimulate wide soundstage and quality by focusing all their sound from their drivers into your ears by using a V-shaped driver configuration. By achieving this, people would perceive this as better quality and clarity, as well as wide in soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back