What do we know about Audio Technica ATH-TAD300?
Mar 30, 2012 at 8:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

csm725

Head-Fier
http://www.audiocubes.com/product_info.php?products_id=3050
I'm being offered that set + $25 for my AD700s.
The AD700s are WAY too big for my below average head.
How are these headphones? I didn't find anything about them on the Web, so hopefully someone here knows something.
Cheers.

Mar 30, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 9
That's pretty annoying. Oh well.
Coming from HD 558s, they weren't too comfy and build quality sucked. AD700s are perfected but they are way too big for my head.
For ~$75 what do you recommend I buy (good all-around set driven by a Xonar DG's amp through M-Audio AV40's passthru port)?

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 9
I agree with Ubersanger; I would not get rid of your AD700 for the TAD300.

I know my local Yodobashi Camera sells them; perhaps I can take a closer listen to them the next time I visit and let you know my thoughts.

May 26, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 9
I picked up a pair from a shop in Guanghua Market in Taipei for NT$1300 (about US$43). I'm not a huge audiophile, but they sound better than my JVC HA-RX700s (which are modded with the foam removed). There's less bass than the JVCs but the midrange and treble are much, much clearer and they have a bigger soundstage. The cloth pads are more comfortable than the JVC's pseudo-leather pads, but they slip off the ear easier as well. Build quality seems decent, about on par with the JVCs. Overall they're a much more balanced headphone than the RX700s. Considering they only cost like US$3 more I'm not complaining, and I would have been happy even up to US$50.

Oct 24, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #8 of 9
Just got these, and straight out of the box I am extremely impressesed. These are already blowing some way more expensive cans out of the water. Very good bass but not overpowering. Highs are a bit rolled off the way I like them and vocal reproduction is natural. Overall these sound really non-fatiguing and very natural. Loving them.

Dec 16, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #9 of 9
I've got one of these.
I'd say its more suitable for those who prefer vocals (especially female) and perhaps accoustic/accoustic music.
The bass is there but not so powerful, which is natural for low-end openback cans. EQ should be able to fix it a lil bit i suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back