What do SR325 Drivers look like?
Jun 4, 2010 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 10
I'll tell you how to know if they are not sr-60 drivers, if you look through the grills behind the SR-60 button the driver should be black. This should be a start

Jun 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 10
Unfortunately, from what I've heard while reading old forum posts, it seems as if the 325 drivers have had different looks over the years. I have seen mention of black, silver, and even pinkish or red drivers in the SR-325 (or 325i or 325is) all seemingly depending on the age of the headphone.

Jun 5, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 10
I think the sound has changed somewhat over the years. But I'm honestly not sure if there is any definitive way to tell which headphone the drivers came from. Maybe someone with more experience on the subject can help. But between all of the different styles of drivers that Grado has used over the years in addition to the number of different models (and even seemingly different batches within those models) and the various theories one which models share which drivers... I really doubt that anyone but John himself knows for sure. For instance, my Alessandro MS-1i headphones which supposedly use 125i drivers are silverish with "Grado 32" printed on them in black font, which is something that I haven't seen in any photos as of yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back