What do I need? Want to switch between speakers and headphones without messing around with ICs, also, two headphone solution?
Jul 19, 2008 at 7:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Eldo

New Head-Fier
My current setup is Audiophile 2496 out to either Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers or to Travagans Red -> HFI-780 headphones.

Can I just split the at the 2496 with something like this without degrading sound quality?

http://jimmyauw.com/wp-datajim/audio/37_split2.jpg

Also, I am wondering if there is another solution that would accomplish the above and also allow me to use two headphones, for example, if I have a friend over who wants to sample something with his headphones at the same time.

I would be ok getting a second amplifier for the second pair of headphones, but is there some sort of basic splitter that would take RCA in and then split to say three 1/8" jacks out? Basically I'm having trouble finding this, not sure what it would be called
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks!

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 2
After doing some research for a DAC, I found the Beresford TC-7510, which conveniently has all of the outputs I mentioned above, so I think that will be my solution.

Home HIFI

Anyone able to comment on how much of an upgrade this is over the DAC of the M-Audio 2496?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back