What DAP beats iPod sound quality?
Mar 8, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 18

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Well the truth is that the 5G iPod really IS a great sounding portable, and the video options (if you're properly equipped to rip your own DVDs with free software) are really really nice. It's a huge step up from ANY older iPod.

You say the 5G IS a great sounding portable. Thanks for your substantive, specific input! When you say it's a HUGE step up over any older iPod, do you mean it's HUGE in terms of SOUND?

I might consider upgrading if that is the case. (Again, I don't really care about DVD's etc.)

Mar 8, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #17 of 18

johnnylexus

500+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by bigshot
Since no one has actually answered the original poster's question...

The problem isn't the sound quality of the iPod, it's the match or mismatch with the particular headphones you use. 3g iPods are not suited for use with in ear monitors. The solution is to get a set of headphones that works well with the iPod, or get a headphone amp (which will solve the problem of the mismatch).

Getting good sound isn't a matter of getting the "best sounding" whatever... It's putting together elements of the system that *works well together as a system*.

See ya
Steve

Steve,

I just got some Shure e5c's. Can you give a recommendation for which DAP you think would be a good sound match for those IEM's? (At this point I would rather not mess around with a portable amp).

Users who are viewing this thread