What Chinese tube amp for my Senn HD880s?
May 20, 2020 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pythagore

Head-Fier
I am new to the tube headphone amp game. I have been reading the forums for days but can't figure out what is the best tube amp for my HD800s. I missed the La figaro 339, DarkVoice 337 bandwagon, therefore, I am wondering if these amps are still recommended since I can find them on the shennzhenaudio and AliExpress websites. If not, what do you guys recommend? I currently have the OPPO HA-1, and a cheap monoprice tube DAC+amp which I bought for $60CAD from a fellow Canucks, I am so impressed with the little monoprice, then I want something bigger and better. My budget is around a $1000.
Thanks

May 21, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 4
For that kind of money you ought to look at a Woo WA2.

There are threads on the 339/337 issue and I think new 339s are either available or will be post-crisis. Basically, any good OTL amp will be a good match for the 800s.

May 21, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #3 of 4
A bottlehead crack is a wonderful tube amp for the Hd800. are you specifically looking for a chinese amp? I found the crack heads and tails above the darkvoice 336se. It’s do it yourself, but enjoyable and not difficult. For your budget you can find prebuilt cracks, sex, or mainline kits. I don’t know an amp under 1k that beats these guys with the Hd800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back