what cd-player are you using?
Jan 2, 2006 at 2:42 AM Post #46 of 62
Eastsound CD-E5 here
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 2, 2006 at 3:33 AM Post #47 of 62
I have a Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai universal player, modified with the MSB Network 192K upsampler, feeding an MSB Gold Link III DAC. I'll provide pics as I figure how this new digital camera works.

Jan 2, 2006 at 4:18 AM Post #48 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
Going onto my 3rd year with the Arcam FMJ CD23T. Absolutely smooth details galore, a CDP that has no particular sound signature.
600smile.gif

Ahh yes, such a classic, thats one cdp that really is not going to lose value over the years, a timeless machine in the short time I auditioned it
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #53 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by THeX
I'd love to see someone mod the living daylights out of that player.

yes that would be a fun DIY project.

Imagine balanced line outs on that thing lol!
I can picture it in an audiophile set up with that as a source.

Jan 4, 2006 at 3:15 PM Post #54 of 62
got the Rega Planet 2000 today!!

the first week (or two) is always a chock for me when changing stereo equipment - but the mental burn-in seems to run quicker this time, even after a couple of CD's I'm gettin used to it.

the change is not so big as when upgrading amp from Yamaha to Rega. but still quite big - wouldn't say dramatic - but it depends what meaning you lay in that word. it took atleast 2 weeks for me gettin used to this amp, but I think it was mainly cause the Rega Mira was a bad match with the Yamaha cdp.

the most obvious changes are more edgy dynamic peaks - but it sounds natural. with Yamaha they sounded smoothed out. transparency is alot better with Rega too.

I was expecting a more coloured sound to be hones - in favor to have timing & musicality over "the perfect sound".

but I reckon I have plenty of both - so upgrading any further is not justified for me in any way. (oh well, I bet you've heard that one a million times before!)

the Rega cpd also gave alot of energy and life to my main-headphones, Sennheiser HD600. so changin to DT880 or any other phones is not so crucial right now - but I think I'm gonna do it anyway in the future.

Zw697468549.jpg

regarack2.jpg

Jan 4, 2006 at 6:28 PM Post #55 of 62
Cary 306/200 on the Headcode rig, Sony/ModWright 777ES on the tube one

Jan 5, 2006 at 3:36 AM Post #56 of 62
My 2ndhand Meridian G08 arrived yesterday. It probably won't be in the headphone rig properly until I get more flatmates.

Yes NilsTentacles... CD player upgrades can be subtle. The G08 is not obviously 'wow' better than my 24-bit Marantz pre-amp, but I've noticed sublime improvements in a few areas. I think once you get out of the $500-$1000 range, you're mainly hearing progressive refinements from these boxes, not a paradigm shift.

Also, people's choice of words when describing impressions needs to be interpreted carefully (mine included, ha-ha). I've read that the G08 is way better than the 588, and that the 508.24 and G08 sounded the same to one listener. On it goes...
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #57 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo-1
Going onto my 3rd year with the Arcam FMJ CD23T. Absolutely smooth details galore, a CDP that has no particular sound signature.
600smile.gif

I'm going into my second year with same.

I use it for both headphones and speakers. Although it looses a bit with speakers due to routing through an Onkyo HT receiver to get to speakers.
tongue.gif

Jan 6, 2006 at 5:45 PM Post #60 of 62
this Eastsound seems to be popular, but I've not heard much about it on the swedish forums. can anyone tell me what's it like? how would it compare to Rega electronics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back