What Carrying Case 4 Cans?
Apr 20, 2002 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nifu

New Head-Fier
I have a pair of Sony V500's and I would like to know what carrying case I can carry them in for putting them in a backpack. And don't tell me not to carry them in any case because the 500's are so horribly bad please
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 20, 2002 at 11:56 PM Post #2 of 7
Apr 21, 2002 at 1:22 AM Post #3 of 7
I don't understand what is so horribly bad about the Sony V500's!!! Is it the price? Is it the sound? Is it the comfort? I would get the V6's or the ones you suggested, but the problem is, they aren't available where i live. I'm not really on a big budget so what other closed cans can i get, that might be in stores near me in Vancouver British Columbia Canada

Apr 21, 2002 at 1:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, look at the USD price of the ones I mentioned.... headphone.com ships to canada, friend... and you can get the HD202's (that specific model number!!!) in canada if you shop around.

The reason we hate the MDR-V### line is that they all suck. They not only have bad sound, but horrible price to performance, too!! They have bad sound that can be beaten for about $15 usd, and they cost way way WAY too much!

Basically, most of the MDR-V### line should be around the $15 - $35 price point. They used to cost that much in Japan, and Sony can make them and have plenty of profit at that price point... however, as times changed, and people started equating sony with quality, and the Yen got weak against the U.S. Dollar, Sony slooowwwwly started jacking the prices up, until you get things like the $120 MDR-V700DJ getting utterly smacked down in sound quality by $35 headphones.

Apr 21, 2002 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 7
Oh, God. Please follow Gluegun's advice. Those MDR-V500's remind me of some old MDR-V100's I had when I was 12. And those were the most awful sounding $20 headphones I've ever owned. And they looked about the same as the MDR-V500. I bet they even have the same drivers. They were awful in 1996, they are awful now, albeit at a much higher price. At least get a Sennheiser HD202, it at least sounds decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back