what cans should i buy my sister.
Mar 25, 2006 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

redquilang

Head-Fier
well i just sold my ipod to my sister and the first day she has them, she breaks the koss kcs75 that i gave to her. Well her b-days coming up and i found this the most perfect oppurtunity for my parents to buy a new set of headphones that im sure ill be using more than my sister.

so what i want to ask is, should i go with the sr-60, as most people have suggested or should i go with something else, like the px100 or k81dj.

in other words, what is under $100 (or maybe a little bit more if need be) that has the most bang for the buck.

and another question: now that ive finally sold my 4g ipod, what mp3 do you guys suggest i get.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 10
I'd go with Cowon iAudio series player.

For the can reccomendation we need music preferences, and to know if she wants something portable. Looks might also come into play if she cares about that kind of thing.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 10
sennheiser EH350, SR60are great. i'm sure you have heard this before: it really depends on your music taste and whether you like this sound sig or that sound sig: for example the SR60 sounds like the koss earclips, but better. if you go to the higher end gradoes like MS-1 and SR80 then you would have to adjust to the bowls; which don't bother me but arn't as comfortable as the SR60 pads.
also: the sennheiser HD555 is suppose to be great, i've heard wonderful things about them but i personally have no clue how they sound.

Mar 25, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #4 of 10
I would suggest a pair of PortaPros if you want a super comfortable, fun sounding, inexpensive, and easy to carry pair of cans.

Mar 25, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #5 of 10
I've got the Senn PX100's for the simple reason is that they're an open design. You need to pay attention to the outside world when you're walking / driving around. Easy to wear and are comfortable for long periods.

Second on Cowon. Using the iAudio U2 / 1 GB. Works fine as a USB drive and generic MP3 player. Don't have to worry about any proprietary interface. Just drag-n-drop the files onto it and it works. You can even customize the animated start-up logo, but I deleted it to save boot time.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:25 AM Post #6 of 10
well my musical preferences really range from hip-hop (nas, wu, mf doom, common, etc.) to rock (beatles, velvet underground, the who, clapton, etc.) to jazz (coltraine, miles, bob james, chick corea, etc.) to softer stuff like bjork, or marvin gaye.

but to be relevant, my listening leans 80% to the hip-hop and rock genres.

and it doesnt really matter if its open or closed, or portable or not. i just want good sound quality for the money.

and about the mp3, does anyone know how an a2 sounds ive been eying the pvps but i dont know how thier sound quality is.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:42 AM Post #7 of 10
I'd recommend to check the Creative HQ-1300.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Mar 25, 2006 at 10:55 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by redquilang
well my musical preferences really range from hip-hop (nas, wu, mf doom, common, etc.) to rock (beatles, velvet underground, the who, clapton, etc.) to jazz (coltraine, miles, bob james, chick corea, etc.) to softer stuff like bjork, or marvin gaye.

but to be relevant, my listening leans 80% to the hip-hop and rock genres.

and it doesnt really matter if its open or closed, or portable or not. i just want good sound quality for the money.

and about the mp3, does anyone know how an a2 sounds ive been eying the pvps but i dont know how thier sound quality is.

With the variety of stuff, you're listening too, I'd go for either HD 485 or HD 555, depending on which you can afford. Both are great sounding allrounders in the low price class. They are way above the PX100 in balance and overall sound quality. The SR 60 would be nothing for long time listening, as they are said to be very shrill in the highs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back