1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

What cans do you plan on buying in 2010?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by palpatine, Nov 29, 2009.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next

Last
  1. Palpatine
    I seldom replace or upgrade items from my hobbies. I have however sold/upgraded a few headphones already in under a year, and plan on at least one more upgrade ( see below ) in 2010, while keeping most of my existing inventory.

In 2010 I plan to buy the following:

D7000 ( sooooo looking forward to these!)
    K702 ( why debate HD650 vs. K702 when I can have them both and keep each for their strengths vs the other )
    SR225i (which I will upgrade and sell my SR60i for.)

I will also be buying an LD DAC later in that year...and possibly a set of DT 880 600 ohms.
    I may also ( money permitting ) buy a SS amp of some kind. We'll see.
    Guess I will have to moonlight and start dancing around that stainless pole to help fund these babies.

Anyone thinking of their 2010 purchases yet??

2. Halftrack
    Hopefully an SRS-2050 if I feel celebratory after something really good.

Either Nuforce Icon Mobile or iBasso T4.

3. AmanGeorge Contributor
    What am I buying in 2010? That's up to AKG...

4. Kayito-san
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I lol'd.

5. Necrolic
    Well, I'll be getting Kalantus Cedar cups for my D5000s, as well as recabling them with APS V3. I may markl mod as well, although I'm hesitant to do that as I've heard mixed reviews on it (some say it's better, some say it's worse, some say it's brighter, etc.).

After that, I've got a few headphones I want to give a listen to, they are as follows in the order that I want to buy them, will probably only end up getting 1 of them though.

- HF-2
    - RS1i (if I can't get the HF-2s anywhere)
    - DT880
    - K701
    - HD650

6. r31t0
    the k701!

7. sithompson
    Grado 225i and Denon AH-D2000 and a new amp of some kind, probably a Graham Slee Novo

8. miloxo
    Probably Senn HD650, with a 336SE

Pfff, this hobby is bad for the wallet, esp. for a 17 year old [​IMG]

9. invisiman
    Probably the HE-5, and a more suitable amp for it if I can afford it. Otherwise the Sony SA5000, or a Beyerdynamic offering (DT48E, 990, 880) are likely candidates.

10. Freakygreek
    I'd like to venture into open cans so maybe a K702 either moon/alo modified. Might also look into Beyer T880 600ohms(manufakter) or even the T1. All this will come after my amp purchase most likely a Zana Deux.

Cheers

Peter

11. Mink
    The only headphones I am interested in are a pair (used or new) ATH-A900Ltd's, if I can find them...
    As an upgrade for my A500's...and basically meant as a cosmetic upgrade only, because if they sound identical to my A500's I will satisfied already.
    I love the grey/brown metal tint of these headphones. [​IMG]

Sound-wise there's nothing I need, my D5000s are fine for everything and for many years to come.

12. Cankin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif

x2

either a new upcoming AKG or bookshelf speakers for me

13. logwed
    I'm looking at a deeply discounted k701 due to an impending release of a new flagship!!?! Also, perhaps a pair of ES3X's.

14. RallyMaster
    Shoot, I seriously think I should hold off on buying audio equipment next year.

15. Acix
    New AKG's will fine with me.

2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Next

Last