What Cans are good strictly for music listening?
Mar 28, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #16 of 31
Based on personal preference, SR60 or AKG k240 Studio. I'd assume thaat the MS1 is good also, but I haveno't heard it so I won't comment.

Also, the K1000 is great musicly
biggrin.gif
evil_smiley.gif
k1000smile.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:03 PM Post #17 of 31
Wait the M-s1 have little soundstage? Does that mean I wont know which direction the music is coming from? ( ie: the drums from the left, the flute to the right etc...cause sometimes when i listen to music I hear musicical instrument from one ear, and another instruement from the right...)

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse40902
Wait the M-s1 have little soundstage? Does that mean I wont know which direction the music is coming from? ( ie: the drums from the left, the flute to the right etc...cause sometimes when i listen to music I hear musicical instrument from one ear, and another instruement from the right...)

No, that's just stereo, you'll get that.

Soundstage refers to a sense of space you can get when you are listening to music on headphones/speakers. For example, listening to a band play in a massive concert hall is analogous to a large soundstage, while listening to a band play in your basement is a smaller one.

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 31
No, not really, sorry I suppose I'm not being clear. It's more of an indication of the amount of space that you can hear the music in. With a smaller soundstage everything sounds closer together and with a larger one everything feels farther apart.

A good analogy that gets used is that Grados make you feel like you're "on stage" so the performers are right around you and up close while a Sennheiser HD600 is more like sitting 10 rows back in orchestra where you can see clearly where every instrument is and where all the sounds are coming from.

I hope I'm being clearer this time!

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:21 PM Post #21 of 31
yea thats exactly what i meant......with a good soundstage, you hear the music from a larger distance, rather than the IN your face effects like the MS1 and grado's right?

I get that feeling with the 555's

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #22 of 31
Quote:

yea thats exactly what i meant......with a good soundstage, you hear the music from a larger distance, rather than the IN your face effects like the MS1 and grado's right?

I get that feeling with the 555's

Sorry, your saying that there was a bit of echo really threw me off.

You seem to have got it and your description makes mine look like I tried way too hard!

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #23 of 31
sorry about that prug...btw the way....dont some people like less soundstage?

soundstage is not always great right? some people want to be right in the face with the music right? ie grado 125...

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:08 PM Post #24 of 31
It depends on the kind of presentation you want.

Grados give a "you're right there in the middle of the action" kind of presentation whereas the Senn 580/600/650 give a much more relaxed, more distant kind of presentation.

It really comes down to the style of music and your personal preferences. Some people(myself included) like to have a can with each kind of presentation to go on depending on the mood and music.

Mar 28, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #26 of 31
I'm afraid I've never had a chance to check out any of Audio-Technicas line. I hope to at one point though.

The KSC-75 have a pretty narrow soundstage, they have a presentation pretty similar to the Grados.

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:58 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

I dont think in hip/hop people care about soundstage...they only care about bass right?

Well, not really. I mean, bass is a plus imo. However, the thing I enjoy most is a tight, clear snare drum hit. When you can hear the high hat with clarity, it's a good feeling. Bass is what gets you going with hip hop though, really depends on if the person is a good lyricist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back