what can you watch on video dap's
Mar 10, 2006 at 10:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

uzziah

Headphoneus Supremus
i'm new to the idea, and curious. considering buying a zen vision M, and i'm wondering how and what you can actually watch?

for instance, if i have dvd's, can i shrink the format or something using a PC to watch them?

i'm not really into films, so i'm mostly curious if i can get news broadcasts downloaded or anything else. i assume there are no PDA-like functions, right? i'm just wondering, for those of you who have video-dap's, what do you use them for?

oh, now i'm thinking another possibility is i could dump my digital camera images on one in the field? yes? no?

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 5

ILikeMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
With the appropriate software (some included with the ZVM, and some available on the Internet) you can watch anything on a personal media player that you can watch on your TV (including DVDs.) It's not quite a turnkey operation at this point but with a little computer literacy it isn't very difficult. Do a search on this topic and you will find some threads with links to appropriate software and 'how-to' tutorials.

The ZVM will not read flash cards or communicate directly with a USB camera so you cannot copy cameras files directly to the ZVM in the field.

Mar 11, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 5

ILikeMusic

Headphoneus Supremus
To save you a little searching here is a good tutorial on transferring DVDs to the ZVM.

For TV programs (like news and such) I just record them with my WinXP Media Center PC and from there it's easy to convert and transfer them to the ZVM. If you don't have a Media Center PC you could do the same thing with any PC by installing a tuner card.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #5 of 5

scorpian007

100+ Head-Fier
I use my ZVM mainly to watch downloaded TV Shows (Scrubs, Lost, Family Guy, etc) and listen to music. Great thing is that I don't need to convert the files because the Zen Vision:M already supports DivX/XviD
biggrin.gif

Can't really imagine watching a full length movie on it but it is possible.

I'm so happy with mine

Users who are viewing this thread