What can you do with a piece of gum?
Mar 2, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #3 of 13
Very sad to see two of my most beloved things crash in such a way - 1) fine art and 2) Bubble Gum.
frown.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #4 of 13
Dang, the hooligans these days..

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by article
"He is only 12, and I don't think he understood the ramifications of what he did before it happened, but he certainly understands the severity of it now," said Kildee.

i hope he got the 'proper' discipline for that...no offense but at 12 years old I definately could understand the value of a million dollars, and have enough respect not to vandalise a piece of art especially in a museum.
rolleyes.gif
It is total bs to say that 12 years old is too young to understand the difference between a harmless prank and vandalism.

Mar 2, 2006 at 2:09 AM Post #7 of 13
what an idiot

Mar 2, 2006 at 3:22 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
no offense but at 12 years old I definately could understand the value of a million dollars, and have enough respect not to vandalise a piece of art especially in a museum.
rolleyes.gif
It is total bs to say that 12 years old is too young to understand the difference between a harmless prank and vandalism.

I was gonna say the same thing. That's like saying a 12 year old doesn't know right from wrong...give me a break, what a little jerk...

Mar 2, 2006 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 13
Yeah geez, even I could paint something better than that. Maybe I'll price mine $2 million (yes I have no respect for abstract art).

Mar 2, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #11 of 13
Funny, but these posts disrespecting abstract art remind me of what might have been going through the kid's head as he wiped the gum onto the canvas...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 13
Stupid kid... Needs to think a bit more.

But seriously, who would pay 1.5 million for that. It looks like something I drew when I was 3 years old and mom stuck on the fridge. How come mine wasn't worth 1.5 mil!

Mar 2, 2006 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 13
the kid isn't 4 years old - he's TWELVE. he's a freaking Juvenile Delinquent! In delaware, we'd throw him into the Ferris School for Boys - there are kids in there that vandalized store windows costing only a couple hundred bucks - and this snot gets off when he defaces a 1.5 Million irreplaceable piece of art? SHEESH! they even have to examine his damn spit as it gooed up with the gum to determine the best solvent to get that crap off - he's such a punk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back