What can be done? Shure SE530
Aug 24, 2008 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I love the Shure SE530. However, unlike the the triple fi's which are not as comfortable, the Shures do not have any conforming wire at the place that wraps around your ear. I would love to be able to implement a conforming wire so that the cable doesn't have to put on my ear. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Aug 24, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 24
not really, unless you want to solder new wire. within a couple weeks i should be receiving my custom e500 tips; maybe their slight repositioning of the wire will make them more comfortable; i'll report when I get them...

Aug 24, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 24
This is originally from a member of Jaben.net, but I don't remember who he/she is.

Basically, you warp one of those wrapping cable that come with headphone / electronic on cable near to the earpieces and make it conform to your ear.
D03.jpg

D04.jpg

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is originally from a member of Jaben.net, but I don't remember who he/she is.

Basically, you warp one of those wrapping cable that come with headphone / electronic on cable near to the earpieces and make it conform to your ear.

Wow! What an ingenious little idea! I'm gona have to try that
icon10.gif

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 24
Radio Shack sells cheap headphones that come with a semi-circle piece of plastic that can be used on the 500's to hold them in place.

Shure definitely dropped the ball on this one, espcially with $500 headphones. The predecessors (the E5C's) had a memory conforming cable for behind the ear.

I only use my E500's when I wear sunglasses outside and place the cable underneath the sunglass ear pieces.

I have the same problem with my Ety ER4P's.

Aug 24, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 24
This is the sole reason why I went with the Triple.Fis, The replacable cord!
This should be a standard for all $100+ earphones. I've had too many expensive IEMs go bad on me because of the cords.
The fit of the Triple.fis have never bothered me, I don't know why so many people have trouble with them. I can wear them for a long time and forget they are even there.

Aug 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #7 of 24
hey my se530 cable is a true memory cable since it is so tough, it remain what it is on my ear while it's not.

and the rubber part seems dying these days

Aug 29, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #10 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shure definitely dropped the ball on this one, espcially with $500 headphones. The predecessors (the E5C's) had a memory conforming cable for behind the ear.

Matter of opinion. Ihave the E5C's and hated the ear-conforming wire. That's why I removed it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 24
Almost everything that we say here and throught out our daily lives, including this thread, is a matter of of opinion...don't you think?

But but I still think that you are extremely handsome, and if I were gay, I'd be all over you like white on rice
tongue.gif

But again, that's just my opinion
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #12 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But but I still think that you are extremely handsome, and if I were gay, I'd be all over you like white on rice
tongue.gif

But again, that's just my opinion
very_evil_smiley.gif

And, if I were gay, I'd reject you with a swift kick to the nuts.
angry_face.gif

Aug 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 24
Wow...that's so final. Wait..is a swift kick a good thing, or a bad thing?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back