What cable for Predator, iphone 3g or ipod 5th gen video?
Jul 19, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Go to ALO; there are a number of good choices.

Jul 19, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 11
are you talking lineout cables?
ALL or qables both do nice ones but be careful as iPhone and iPod need different LOD's

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #5 of 11
ALO, Qables, are good - also here @ headfi barqy makes an excellent cable at a most excellent price. Happy listening!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2008 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 11
fyi: iphone cables work with ipods, but ipod cables dont work with iphones. Just be carefull. If you want a low profile LOD, punisher makes a great cable.

Jul 20, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 11
I am looking for a similar type of cable as well and have always wondered if it makes much of a difference to go with ALO/Qables/etc. over something cheaper... $50+ seems a bit much for a cable, especially when I consider that the cable from the amp to my headphones (currently Grado SR-80s) is probably of cheaper stock.

For that matter, is there really a significant difference between LOD and mini-to-mini?

Jul 21, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 11
Depending on where you live, I can make you a custom aswell
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 21, 2008 at 4:03 AM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mteorman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking for a similar type of cable as well and have always wondered if it makes much of a difference to go with ALO/Qables/etc. over something cheaper... $50+ seems a bit much for a cable, especially when I consider that the cable from the amp to my headphones (currently Grado SR-80s) is probably of cheaper stock.

For that matter, is there really a significant difference between LOD and mini-to-mini?

The biggest difference between those boutique cables from ALO/Qables/etc. and DIY stuffs is price.

The LOD is absolutely better than a mini-to-mini one, for it not causing a double-amplifying signal which causes worse sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back