What bookshelfs to match my 580s?
Aug 21, 2002 at 2:26 AM Post #16 of 17
i will second NHT...i own a pair of SuperOnes...with my Quad32 pre and 405-2 amp they sound amazing....i got them new for 350 a few years ago but they are now discontinued and have been replaced. shop around...NHT, Acoustic Energy, Axiom, PSB all of these make some great bookshelf speakers...if you are willing ot go used see if maybe you can find some Dynaudio bookshelf speakers (they retail at 600/pair) but maybe you can find something on the used market for around your budget. or for the an even more amazing speaker you can look around for the Hales revelation 1s (hales no longer exists...but if you can find them you will b ein heaven)...a completely different option of course is to diy. you can build Audax MTMs for around 250 apair...and let me tell you they sound better then any speaker i've heard for under 1k, but of course that requires a lot more work.

Aug 22, 2002 at 4:38 AM Post #17 of 17
Remember that speaker listening is a totally different experience than headphone listening. I have both Senn 580s and Axiom M3s and I love them both. Okay, so maybe the cans will give all the little details that are more difficult for speakers, but IMO speaker listening can still be more satisfying in many situations. You get that nice wide soundstage and visceral bass.

So don't sweat it too much. Any of the speakers mentioned so far will be excellent because they were recommended by people who know their **** (much more so than me).
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back