What book are you reading right now?
Jun 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #2,391 of 5,329
Just finished Koontz's Odd Thomas on audiobook, now onto Forever Odd on audiobook.

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #2,397 of 5,329
Quote:
Ive never even heard of these king books before

King the absolute Master of Detail!

The Dark Tower is a massive series of 7.5 books (The Wind Through The Keyhole is book 4.5) written in a Fantasy World.
Considered King's Magnum Opus and spanning ~4000 pages it's a serious read to undertake.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Tower_(series)

11/22/63 An Excellent time travel SiFi book that is not "Classic King". What if you could go back in time and prevent JFK's assassination?
The Temporal Police would be all over your ass that's what if.
biggrin.gif

Jun 20, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #2,398 of 5,329
The unabridged The Stand got me into King, that was a ~700 page book that when I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it. That doesn't happen too often, and it was unexpected as I was just looking for something long to read while stuck at an airport.

I really liked the first few books of the Dark Tower, but for some reason I lost interest and never finished Wolves of the Calla. I'll pick it up again someday, probably start at the beginning again as The Gunslinger remains one of my all-time favorites.

The last book that I couldn't put down was The Road by McCarthy. Looking forward to 11/22/63 quite a bit.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #2,399 of 5,329
The Stand is a Masterpiece! An Excellent book for those wanting to get into King.
I started with It and and from that ~1140 page TOME I was spooked and hooked every since... I so want to live in Derry Maine.
cool.gif

Just read the synopsis on The Road, I now know what's next after the Koontz Odd Thomas series.

Jun 20, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #2,400 of 5,329
German translation of:

1. Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back