What book are you reading right now?
Mar 16, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #5,071 of 5,340
Taking a break from John le Carre and Ken Follett, I discovered the author Robert Crais whilst looking for more characters like Jack Reacher. :)
His Elvis Cole / Joe Pike series is a hoot, now on book four out of 18. Pike is cut out of the Reacher cloth, but he talks less and wears sunglasses. They get into all kinds of productive trouble.

Robert Crais books in order.png

Great author...............and Joe Pike is a badass.............

Have you read the Vince Flynn books? Start with Term Limits, which is WAY ahead of it's time, then goes into the Mitch Rapp series, which are outstanding.

Mar 17, 2021 at 9:52 AM Post #5,072 of 5,340
Great author...............and Joe Pike is a badass.............

Have you read the Vince Flynn books? Start with Term Limits, which is WAY ahead of it's time, then goes into the Mitch Rapp series, which are outstanding.
Hadn't heard about Vince Flynn - thanks for the tip! Looks very interesting ...

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #5,073 of 5,340
Hadn't heard about Vince Flynn - thanks for the tip! Looks very interesting ...

Yep, he's got over 20 books on the Mitch Rapp series. Sadly, he passed away from prostate cancer at 47 years of age but Kyle Mills is continuing the series. Not a big fan of the "ghost writer" concept but I still look forward to every Mitch Rapp book, as I do with the Tom Clancy series, even after his passing. I assume you've read the early Tom Clancy books? They are exceptional............my favorite is Without Remorse.

Mar 17, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #5,074 of 5,340
So does Kyle Mills' writing compare well with Vince Flynn's ... is it a good continuation?
I read a few of Tom Clancy's books, the later ones. Thanks for the new tip. Oh, and I agree that Joe Pike is a badass.
I looked at your profile - nice gear. Have you heard the LCD-4?

To stay on-thread, my wife has started on the Sue Grafton series featuring Kinsey Millhone. She is enjoying it.

Mar 17, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #5,075 of 5,340
So does Kyle Mills' writing compare well with Vince Flynn's ... is it a good continuation?
I read a few of Tom Clancy's books, the later ones. Thanks for the new tip. Oh, and I agree that Joe Pike is a badass.
I looked at your profile - nice gear. Have you heard the LCD-4?

To stay on-thread, my wife has started on the Sue Grafton series featuring Kinsey Millhone. She is enjoying it.

Kyle Mills is pretty good - and I don't feel it was a huge dropoff from Vince.

Have not heard the LCD-4 - just the LCD-2C, which I like.

A few other authors for you and others since I know you read a lot - David Baldacci, John Grisham, Ben Coes (only has a few books but they are excellent), Brad Thor, Alex Berenson, Michael Connelly (the Bosch series based on his books), Jeffrey Deaver, Harlan Coben, Mark Greaney.

Love this thread - and thanks for the Sue Grafton tip. I think I've read a couple of her books earlier on.

Mar 23, 2021 at 7:37 AM Post #5,077 of 5,340
Evil Geniuses_Andersen.jpg

Apr 9, 2021 at 10:10 AM Post #5,079 of 5,340
3465-02.jpg

Apr 14, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #5,080 of 5,340
To Kill A Mockingbird

I have had my copy for years but had never read it, so felt that I should finally read it.

May 4, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #5,083 of 5,340
black.jpeg
Finished all the Robert Crais books and loved 'em - especially
the Elvis Cole / Joe Pike series. Now I'm on to Michael Connelly
starting with this book, his first, from 1992. Looking forward to
meet Harry Bosch. Thanks @Oregonian for the ideas :)

May 11, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #5,085 of 5,340
тигель.jpg

Now I had the opportunity to read Arthur Miller's long-forgotten book. One day I came across an essay about this book and remembered reading it as a teenager, so I decided to reread it. I like this story more and more with each reading. Such books ignite the imagination. After all, the classic is always appropriate to read. That is why I recommend reading this book.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back